new land

gandalf

hi all

just got permission on a new bit of land a couple of weeks ago when i whent to see it i couldnt believe my eyes it is perfect rabbit land with a very high hill that stretches a mile or more the views from the very top are breath taking and to make things even better the land owner has told me to shoot any pheasant i see as they come on to his land from the surrounding farms where they have organised shoots.the rabbit holes in the side of this hill are numerouse very exited about it,however there is very little cover from the entrance to the field to the top of the hill getting to the top is proving difficult without being seen by the keen eyed bunnys any suggestions on how to cover the open ground without being seen.any help would be greatly appreceated

thanks guys/girls :thumbs:

hi all

just got permission on a new bit of land a couple of weeks ago when i whent to see it i couldnt believe my eyes it is perfect rabbit land with a very high hill that stretches a mile or more the views from the very top are breath taking and to make things even better the land owner has told me to shoot any pheasant i see as they come on to his land from the surrounding farms where they have organised shoots.the rabbit holes in the side of this hill are numerouse very exited about it,however there is very little cover from the entrance to the field to the top of the hill getting to the top is proving difficult without being seen by the keen eyed bunnys any suggestions on how to cover the open ground without being seen.any help would be greatly appreceated

sounds good mate well done on getting the land. if you cant get in range then go on the lamp of a night. :yes:

hi all

Dont worry about the open land, avoid shooting at silly ranges and pick a spot with a good view of a particular warren that is on the edge of your ability/range, getting to the spot will send them scurrying for cover but sit tight and keep motionless in the firing position, so prone or seated if you have a while to wait,is best. So long as they have not been hammered recently they will come back out but you must be STILL. They do not associate the human silhouette with danger in the same way as perhaps the fox and so long as you are still you will bag a couple. 15-30 mins so get comfy and dont take a shot until your target is several feet from the warren and go only for a head shot on this occasion.

A lamping session will find them further afield. If you get stuck or have no success drop me a line.

Good luck.

hi all

Dont worry about the open land, avoid shooting at silly ranges and pick a spot with a good view of a particular warren that is on the edge of your ability/range, getting to the spot will send them scurrying for cover but sit tight and keep motionless in the firing position, so prone or seated if you have a while to wait,is best. So long as they have not been hammered recently they will come back out but you must be STILL. They do not associate the human silhouette with danger in the same way as perhaps the fox and so long as you are still you will bag a couple. 15-30 mins so get comfy and dont take a shot until your target is several feet from the warren and go only for a head shot on this occasion.

A lamping session will find them further afield. If you get stuck or have no success drop me a line.

Good luck.

thanks for that pete iwill give it a go and let you know how i get on. ;) cheers

hi all

sounds good mate well done on getting the land. if you cant get in range then go on the lamp of a night. :yes:

going to go on a night time jaunt there very soon jamie let you know how i get on cheers ;)