Me moaning

i know how u feel mate it would of cost be around 1500 to insure a small cheap car but now that im moving to a much more rural area and my hunting ground is on my door step im going to get a cheep motorbike just to get around on now. insurance prices are madness on cars.

Cheers mate i think all i can do is grin and baer it. :drink:

Trust me i have tried i can only think of insuring my mum on it and me beaing a named driver but i dont build up a no claims bonus so it will still cost 100 grand as a names driver

and get this an 1100 cc 14 yr old for fiesta is 450 more to insure than a 1200cc skoda estatw 10 yr old :o :realmad: :realmad:

Thats because most younger drivers would rather drive a fiesta than a skoda! Have you tried NFU? there can give some quite good prices - and no you dont have to be a farmer! pull up your cheapest quote and let them know what it is.

Would say it is well worth trying to increase your own no claims rather than your mums, In the long run it is better, 3 years down the line you will have got a bit of no claims under your belt and being paying less than your friends who are still on parents policy.

Remember when I first had my first 50cc motorbike, they tried to charge me £700 for a £500 bike, but it was well worth the freedom! Ask anyone!

All the best

Thanks i will give them a shout.

Trust me i have tried i can only think of insuring my mum on it and me beaing a named driver but i dont build up a no claims bonus so it will still cost 100 grand as a names driver

and get this an 1100 cc 14 yr old for fiesta is 450 more to insure than a 1200cc skoda estatw 10 yr old :o :realmad: :realmad:

You can add your mum on a policy as a named driver, so the policy is in your name, you build up the NCB but by having a woman on the policy too it will bring the preium down.

My Rangie was £825 fully comp at my renewal (9 yearts NCB), so I added the Mrs to the policy as a second driver and it came down by over £100!!

By the sounds of it then getting my mum to insure it and me as a named driver is the best yet.