Well few of the foster & feeder hens are sat tight on eggs. Like always letting them have the first round of eggs. See which pairs will be suitable for rearing the goldfinches. Nothing worse than putting eggs under an inexperienced hen to find out they won't rear the young goldfinches. I've a few pairs that are a few seasons old that I know are bomb proof. And the young off them I'm hoping will be too. All been fed on insects & plenty of vegetables an fruit too. Can't beat rearing your own feeders. Nothing worse than buying feeders in and them telling you a load of shit. That they given them this & that. And when you introduce some greens or insects they look at it as though to say wtf is that. All they've had was seed thrown into the cages then sold on for profit. With my birds I know theyve had everything given to tthem. Few Images of the sib bullfinch nest areas I've set up too. Already both cock & hen have shown interest and the cock birds been calling to the hen. So hopefully in the coming month they'll of built. 

20240326_141458.jpg

20240326_142521.jpg

20240326_142532.jpg

20240326_141504.jpg

20240326_142454.jpg

20240326_142501.jpg

• Like 1