Ordering meat online.

I know plenty of folks who use this place

http://www.landywoods.co.uk/

All very happy with the quality. I've not ordered myself, but only 'cause my freezer isn't big enough to buy in bulk.

I know it quotes ''Landywood Pet Foods produce and distribute high quality pet feeds of a quality fit for human consumption'' but still its for pets.

Guest john2007oliver
Does anyone on here ever order meat online? I'm talking of thingls like half/full lambs etc?

If so would you mind posting up some links for me please.

I imagine most of you are responsible for your own meat though, but worth a shot.

How much does a full lamb cost about? Do you have to kill it yourself or is it already dead? :victory:

Guest fell terrier
i paid 60 quid for a whole one butchered ready

sixty pound is cheap i slaughter lambs for farmers and butch them and they normally sell them to people for seventy five lamb is a quid a kilo dead weight and at the moment they will weigh a good weight now if there is many left so be prepared to pay a bit more a good lamb will be fifty k plus then you hve to butch it

First off I'm in County Durham, don't let the name fool you.

The meat was for human consumption, I know with all the ho-haaa around food these days that ordering a full lamb for example is big business right now. All I was after was if anyone knew of any decent farms offering this.

I'm off to a local farmers market tomorrow so hopefully I should score there.

Guest fell terrier
First off I'm in County Durham, don't let the name fool you.

The meat was for human consumption, I know with all the ho-haaa around food these days that ordering a full lamb for example is big business right now. All I was after was if anyone knew of any decent farms offering this.

I'm off to a local farmers market tomorrow so hopefully I should score there.

could you not ask a farmer where who has given you permission for help

I don't have any permissions bud. I'm completely green to all this field sport, which is why I came on here to get the info to help me get started. Hence there will be loads of dumb ass questions no doubt from me.

Basically like I put in my introduction thread in new members, I'm trying to become self sufficient. I have an allotment on the way and want to get into fishing, rabbiting and ratting. The latter being for pest control on the allotment. Bear with me, I'm a quick learner but need some help right now.

The reason for the meat supply is obviously I'm trying to leave behind the supermarkets as much as I can and help local farmers selling local produce respectfully reared and slaughtered.