Hello all.

I might be joining a hunting area here that does a lot of pig hunting at night, and it is highly recommended to get a night vision or thermal clip-on adapter. As of now, NV and thermal scopes are not legal, which is fine by me because they ain't cheap, but the clip-ons are. The guys I talked with suggested a couple of different clip-ons to buy,

and the pros and cons of NV vs. thermal. I know it's not legal to use mounted night vision in PA, but since it is legal I figured I'd give myself more opportunity than limiting my nights to around the full moon,

and hoping it's not cloudy. Not trying to start a discussion on legalities of this, just thought this forum might have some people with knowledge on NV or thermal adapters. Not sure where the others I've talked with get their money from, since we all are within a pay grade or two of each other,

but they sure as heck don't have a problem dropping a lot of money on things, but I do! So if anyone as any advice, I'm all ears.

Just now, amadolabonte said:

Hello all.

I might be joining a hunting area here that does a lot of pig hunting at night, and it is highly recommended to get a night vision or thermal clip-on adapter. As of now, NV and thermal scopes are not legal, which is fine by me because they ain't cheap, but the clip-ons are. The guys I talked with suggested a couple of different clip-ons to buy,

and the pros and cons of NV vs. thermal. I know it's not legal to use mounted night vision in PA, but since it is legal I figured I'd give myself more opportunity than limiting my nights to around the full moon,

and hoping it's not cloudy. Not trying to start a discussion on legalities of this, just thought this forum might have some people with knowledge on NV or thermal adapters. Not sure where the others I've talked with get their money from, since we all are within a pay grade or two of each other,

but they sure as heck don't have a problem dropping a lot of money on things, but I do! So if anyone as any advice on thermal scope under $2000, I'm all ears.

thanks in advance for any help.

• 3 months later...
On 08/11/2023 at 14:56, amadolabonte said:

Hello all.

but they sure as heck don't have a problem dropping a lot of money on things, but I do! So if anyone as any advice on microscoop, I'm all ears.

still no response to this