Lost Trust

Some good advice all, I went to my nearest gun shop very recently at Clayworth  to purchase some .17hmr ammo, so I bought x3 boxes of 20grns Winchesters, when I got home I found that x2 of the boxes there seals were broken so I inspected box No1 and found a mixture of types of bullet head crimping and x1 round was missing, I then moved onto box 2 with its seal broken as well and (see Photo) found that x2 of the rounds were ballistic tips one of those rounds had a very badly split case and also x1 empty shell case, I immediately contacted the shop concerned, he was very apologetic, but seemed more upset that I had contacted the shop via email of which he said had not go directly to him.

So all please inspect your ammo boxes and do not accept them if the seals are broken,obviously I have now totally lost my trust with this particular shop, who knows what they could sell me next. 

P/S These were his last 3 boxes he had in stock.

The round that looks empty I found later on has a bullet head dropped into the case and it also had no power,could have been a disaster if it had popped up and held itself in place and then been fired with primer only.

.17hmr.jpg.b7be4efacad173283090212a0827b12e.jpg   

Edited by goldfinger
  • Sad 2