BATTERSEA DOGS HOME

Guest SJM

Well you learn something new every day I thought there was only one.

Do they need so many because they cover such a large area then?

The dog was picked up in Croydon and taken to Battersea, is that a fair distance or are the 2 close together?

Well you learn something new every day I thought there was only one.

Do they need so many because they cover such a large area then?

The dog was picked up in Croydon and taken to Battersea, is that a fair distance or are the 2 close together?

That would be the nearest Sarah, but they have centres at Brands Hatch, Kent........Windsor, Berkshire and I cant think of the other one :thumbs:

No worries :thumbs: I had sold a pup to a couple from Brockeley (think thats how you spell it?) recently and then I got a card through the door from Battersea saying a dog chipped in my name had come into their care as a stray so I thought it was the pup, I wasnt too happy :angry: and spent ages trying to get them on the phone, when they called me back eventually, it turned out to be a blue brindle staff dog I used to own a few years back and the guy I sold him to must have not bothered to change the chip papers over into his name. The dog went to Newcastle but after that I think it got passed around a fair bit and now it would seem hes ended up in there. I couldnt arrange transport for him and he is very dog aggressive so I couldnt have brought him back here anyway as I allready have a dog aggressive bull x male who has to be kept seperate from the others, so I told them just to rehome him. He is still under the 7 day thing though so if the owners come forward he can be reclaimed. When I had him I spent a fortune on vets bills trying to get him right as he had bad skin and a problem with his sheath, he kept getting his **** out and then it would get stuck and the poor dog would be in pain. One time I took him to the vets, she got a trainee to give him an anti testosterone injection and the poor woman shot it straight through the dogs neck and it went into my eye :doh::laugh::doh:

It is actually up to the owner registered on the chip to change the details you can't do it if you are not registered as the owner. Only people who can change it without previous owners permisson are rescue centres.

This stops people stealing dogs and just changing details.

Nope, thats incorrect.

When you have a dog microchipped, you get a certificate which comes back in your name. If you ever decide to sell or rehome the dog, you sign the "previous owner" part of the form and give it to the new owner when they take possession of the dog. They then have to sign the same bit of the form and pay a fee to have the chip transferred over into their name, therefore its their responsibility to do this, not the previous owner. If the person doesnt bother to transfer it over, or sells or rehomes the dog on to someone else and they dont do it either, it remains in the ownership of the original owner.

At least thats how it works with Petlog, which is the UKs number one pet microchip company.

Is there anyone here who lives near Battersea Dogs Home?

What one S?

The one in Battersea :yes:

Why. I dont live a million miles away, well about fifty

There are 3 or 4 you clever c**t!!

:clapper::clapper::clapper: I knew I was right, but I'm not such a clever c**t because I didn't know there was 3 or 4 or maybe 5 or 6 :laugh: .

Any way it was the thought that counts.

• 2 weeks later...
Nope, thats incorrect.

When you have a dog microchipped, you get a certificate which comes back in your name. If you ever decide to sell or rehome the dog, you sign the "previous owner" part of the form and give it to the new owner when they take possession of the dog. They then have to sign the same bit of the form and pay a fee to have the chip transferred over into their name, therefore its their responsibility to do this, not the previous owner. If the person doesnt bother to transfer it over, or sells or rehomes the dog on to someone else and they dont do it either, it remains in the ownership of the original owner.

At least thats how it works with Petlog, which is the UKs number one pet microchip company.

Petlog allowed me to change a dog into my name frightingly easily! owner took it back to breeder and never returned the papers,I just phoned Petlog and explained ,then confirmed in writing.as long as they got their 15 quid they weren't bothered. I was a bit surprised!