Scottish Countryside Alliance Resignation

Tom. With your considerable experience in the political campaign would it be feasible to start a group that focuses on the average hunter whilst campaigning for the future of all field sports? Or do the big groups have it all sewn up?

Tom. With your considerable experience in the political campaign would it be feasible to start a group that focuses on the average hunter whilst campaigning for the future of all field sports? Or do the big groups have it all sewn up?

I certainly don't know wether I have considerable experience of political campaigns but can detect bullshit when its creeping towards me, the problem is that none of the major fieldsports organisations have any Idea what a grassroots member want's or is asking for?? eg: I know of of no organisation that organises fieldtrips to introduce novices into terrier or lurcher work, why?? because its not seen as politically correct, or as sedate as angling or as fulfillng as having a nice day out riding to hounds and all these organisations portrayed the countryside as an idyllic place to live and work, now the crunch has come for hunting with dogs The same organisations due to public perceptions are now trying to mould and change views, that the urban community, have about the countryside. the urbanites don't give a feck!! about what happens in country areas, and its not because they are bad people it because they don't know enough??? Instead of spending hundreds of thousands of pounds sending supporters leaflets and letters, why not send that material into homes in the inner cities, to familes and homes that don't have a clue, whats going on, these are the people that matter because its their votes that decide what party is in power and its thier choice of party that decides what affects our lifestyle. to get back to your question does the major organisations have it sewn up, "no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", The Scottish Association for Country Sports (don't be put of by the title) have a membership open to any one in the UK, Its Vice Chairman is Commited to all fieldsports and he fully supports Lurcher and Terrier work, they also have a Northern Ireland branch, Their insurance cover offers a better deal than Basc or the CA and I believe membership is cheaper, can you imagine an organisation that would put Lurcher and Terrier work on the top of its agenda and if the majority of hunting dog owners joined it, Because of the numbers involved it would overtake the CA and its foxhunting Campaign, Is it feasable, who knows? ask the punters

Tom

The Scottish Association of Country Sports (don't be put of by the title) have a membership open to any one in the UK, Its Vice Chairman is Commited to all fieldsports and he fully supports Lurcher and Terrier work, they also have a Northern Ireland branch, Their insurance cover offers a better deal than Basc or the CA and I believe membership is cheaper, can you imagine an organisation that would put Lurcher and Terrier work on the top of its agenda and if the majority of hunting dog owners joined it, Because of the numbers involved it would overtake the CA and its foxhunting Campaign, Is it feasable, who knows? ask the punters

I can't find a weblink to post up here. Do you have any other details?

The Scottish Association of Country Sports (don't be put of by the title) have a membership open to any one in the UK, Its Vice Chairman is Commited to all fieldsports and he fully supports Lurcher and Terrier work, they also have a Northern Ireland branch, Their insurance cover offers a better deal than Basc or the CA and I believe membership is cheaper, can you imagine an organisation that would put Lurcher and Terrier work on the top of its agenda and if the majority of hunting dog owners joined it, Because of the numbers involved it would overtake the CA and its foxhunting Campaign, Is it feasable, who knows? ask the punters

I can't find a weblink to post up here. Do you have any other details?

Chris

the website for Sac's is being revamped at the moment?? I've given its vice chairman, Ian Clark the link to here, if you look at Zanders appeal in the general talk section you'll get other contact details

Tom

Chris

the website for Sac's is being revamped at the moment?? I've given its vice chairman, Ian Clark the link to here, if you look at Zanders appeal in the general talk section you'll get other contact details

Tom

Cheers Tom. Every bit helps :good:

Chris

Tom

Cheers Tom. Every bit helps :good:

I must be thick!! the correct title of the organisation his the Scottish Association for Country Sports

Tom

Ps why when I post, am I alway's including quotes???