I've had success giving the dog Dramamine about an hour before putting it in the car. Several different vets have given their okay on it. Use the dose depending on the size of the dog - small dogs get children's dose, larger ones get adult dose.

Generally found that after a doing it for a while, several weeks to sometimes several months depending on how often you take it out, the dog gets used to the car drives and no longer needs it. So far it's worked for me on three different dogs.

just purchased a seven month old lurcher and as soon as i put him in the car he starts slavering at the mouth like a mastiff and is eventually sick is this normal with dogs will it eventually go away or is there anything i can do to stop it i dont wanna cause the dog any suffering :sick: :sick: :sick:
hi claude i have got sister to your mine done the same just keep takeing her out and put her in the car when on your drive i feed here in there she was ok in 5 weeks mate regs steveuk
  • 6 months later...
its not bull mate econemy ginger biscuits are pennies and 1 every time you go out is nothing :(
you are right mate

i once had a dog he had been in road traffic acident.

he walked near a car foam everywear ginger biscuits night before i would travel to the fens from manchester

no problem :clapper:

just purchased a seven month old lurcher and as soon as i put him in the car he starts slavering at the mouth like a mastiff and is eventually sick is this normal with dogs will it eventually go away or is there anything i can do to stop it i dont wanna cause the dog any suffering :sick: :sick: :sick:

mate,you sound just like me a few months ago,exactly the same problem i had with my whippetx,

as said before just get out as much as possible,starting with short journeys and getting further afield each time,try and make it enjoyable when you get to your destination,go for a walk and make it fun,the dribbling will stop, sickness will stop,this wont happen overnight,but it does get better,trust me,take your time,my bitch jumps in when i go out now,finally,

good luck

rich