what is going wrong

went out the other day with me 2 jills and a bag of nets done ten or so sets never even seen one rabbit dont no what or if im doing any thing wrong or not heres what i do

1 find a set and net all holes that i can see find a hole that looks like i gets used more than any other put the ferret in with locator attached and wait usualy takes about five to ten minuts depending on the size of set and still nothing we no these set are in use as we had a look from the next field with bonoculars and seen rabbits working these paticular sets the two jills both work well so as ive use them sucessfuly at other locations and we check all the time with the locator incase the jills killed in or not .what am i doing wrong?

did they show at every hole and did you acctually see rabbits going down?

if not you have got rubbish jills that only shallow work try setting them into the lowest hole and working up hill ferrets work best uphill also if they were big sets the rabbits might have just ran about inside try adding more ferrets?

never thought of starting at the bottom or adding more ferrets thought you could only use one dunno why like :fool: any way ill try what you said hope it works for me cheers mate :clapper:

like its been said you may need more ferrets down the holes or it could be there not going deep enough ,you find a really good ferret goes deep becouse thats were most rabbits are hideing and its not really down to how many holes you have but how far apart the holes are that makes you put more ferrets down,plus a ferret that knows it suff will bolt rabbits that some ferret wont bolt ,if you have a young jill that just sniffs the rabbit the rabbit will more likely just puff its self up stopping the ferret from getting past ,so the young ferret just walks on were the ferret that knows what its doing will claw at it or try to get to its neck to kill it and will stay with it giveing you time to get a mark and dig down to it ..the sign of a good working ferret is one that bolts many, comes out when none are to ground and knows it ,comes out and sniffs the scent as it makes its way to the next hole with out you picking it up ,that to me says you have a good ferret .keep at it you may have one that will learn the score ..

Edited by rob reynolds uk
like its been said you may need more ferrets down the holes or it could be there not going deep enough ,you find a really good ferret goes deep becouse thats were most rabbits are hideing and its not really down to how many holes you have but how far apart the holes are that makes you put more ferrets down,plus a ferret that knows it suff will bolt rabbits that some ferret wont bolt ,if you have a young jill that just sniffs the rabbit the rabbit will more likely just puff its self up stopping the ferret from getting past ,so the young ferret just walks on were the ferret that knows what its doing will claw at it or try to get to its neck to kill it and will stay with it giveing you time to get a mark and dig down to it ..the sign of a good working ferret is one that bolts many, comes out when none are to ground and knows it ,comes out and sniffs the scent as it makes its way to the next hole with out you picking it up ,that to me says you have a good ferret .keep at it you may have one that will learn the score ..

ok sheers hope so mate