My shooting permission forms for you to use

Hi all!

In consequence to recently e mailing the above forms to someone, i thought it may make it more easier/usefull for them to be featured on here, so that whoever wants to can use them for their own advantage? If you choose to copy them to your pc and use them, you will notice in the letter i have provided several choices here and there - simply delete what isn't applicable to you. Replace the 'X's with your own information obviously. ;)

I appologise for the length of this post but was not sure of how else to do it, whereby the documents can be veiwed and saved by you people? With these, i have had 100% sucsess with every landowner i have produced them to, so far.

Firstly, here is the shooting permission letter:

26th January 2008 (for illustration)

RE: Pest/vermin control

Dear Sir or Madam:

First of all, I would like to take this chance to thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I am writing to enquire whether there is any opportunity for pest control on your land free of charge.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX; I am XX years old, married with two children and live in XXXXXXX, Kent. I have been shooting for XX years now and enjoy the hobby very much, along with the added bonus of helping the farmer/land owner by controlling pests such as rooks, crows, rabbits, rats and squirrels.

With this in mind, I feel that I can be of assistance to you, should you offer me offer me permission to shoot for pests on your land. If you grant me permission to shoot on your land, I would respectfully ask that it be in written form please – please can you fill in and return the attached permission form. I enclose a stamped, addressed envelope for this purpose

All livestock, property, borders and boundaries will be respected. I can also be your “eyes and ears†when I am on your land - I can keep a watch for any fly tipping of rubbish or people trespassing on your land and inform you directly of any occurrences. I have a serious outlook and respect when using air rifles and I believe the following points illustrate this well -

· I NEVER take chances when shooting – safety of others and myself is

always of the utmost importance to me, which is why I will undertake to

arrange with you in advance when and where I can shoot.

· I ALWAYS respect the wishes of the landowner and obey any rules or

restrictions he/she may lay down.

·I am a current full member of the B.A.S.C. or B.A.S.A and

always carry my membership I.D. card and proof of shooting insurance with

me whenever I go out on a shoot. I can produce it to you if required.

Please do not hesitate to contact me on my mobile telephone: XXXXX XXX XXX if you require any more information. Once again, many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Your Name here.

Your address here.

And now for the "grant of permission" form:

Grant of permission to shoot

for pest & vermin control

On private land

This is to confirm that:

Your name, (of)

Your address

Has, in the written form of this notice, hereby signed and authorised by me, been granted permission to shoot for pest and vermin on land situated at:

Using: *Shotgun / *Air Rifle / *Rim fire rifle / *Centre fire rifle

By myself:

Mr/ Mrs___________________, (of)

Being the rightful and legal *owner/*agent/*tenant of the above-mentioned land.

I am satisfied for this permission to:

( A ) *Last until revoked by me.

Or

( B ) *Expire on:

I understand that Mr XXXXXXXX, when on my land, will adhere to any rules or restrictions given by me, the landowner mentioned above. I do hereby *authorise / * do not authorise Mr XXXXXXXX to have one person accompany him as a 'guest' when upon my land. It is to be understood that (if granted by myself) a guest is bound by the same rules as the permission holder named above

Signed:

Dated:

*Delete as appropriate

© Originally authored by, and the exclusive work of: T J Davis

I hope these may be as useful to you guys/gals as they have been for me!

All the best,

Grim

Edited by Grim Reaper
  • Like 1

AUTHORITY

TO SHOOT AND HUNT VERMIN

I (...............................................................................

............................... of (farm)..........................................................................

capacity as, Landowner, Tenant, Estate Manager, Game Keeper (delete)

Address ................................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................... Postcode .............................................

Telephone No ........................................... Mobile No ..................................

I HEAR Authorise/ TO HUNT and REMOVE (VERMIN ONLY) BY THE USE OF THE BELOW

1. BY THE USE of ferrets.

2. BY LAMP at night and useing SHOTGUN /RIFLE /LURCHER

3. Additional shooters/shooter are permitted when accompanied by the named person above .

4. This authority does not offer sole shooting rights to the land described above and can be terminated by me at any time i see fit to do so.

(PERMITTED QUARRY (DELETE AS APPROPRIATE)

Wood pigeon/Feral Pigeon/Rats/Grey Squirrel/Rabbit/Fox/

CORVIDS...Jackdaw/Jay/Crow-Carrion/Magpie/Rook.

THIS IS NOT A CONTRACT BUT A LETTER OF PERMISSION

Signed .............................................................dated....../...../..........

Of course, if anyone DOES decide to use my documents then please can you post back to this thread to let us all know how they have worked out for you?

It would be much appreciated by me at least, because so far, i only have my own experience of them as a basis on which to judge whether they are working well or not. :yes:

Thank you all, :)

Grim

Edited by Grim Reaper
  • 2 weeks later...
[bump] . . .

. . . As these are useful things - and useful things need sharing, like. :yes::bye:

Cheers, :)

Grim.

nice letter mate i will try it for sure dont forget to say what your shooting ive spoke with many a farmer they back off intill you say air rifle silent hunter

then they step forward listen ...touchy subject blimey sum think we must be mad men with cannon on there land .....+ it does not normally pee the syndicats off who pay out my way £1000 + a year for 2- 3 shoots a year for game hunting .i shoot on a bit of land that has a shoot and he nos how i help from unwanted poachers to foxs ect tell them on phone then be there to back them up ive got alot of respect .....being his eyes on the land +ive had a break from shooting 3- 4 years phoned him went round for a cupa he said no probs let him no when im about shoot any time ...

• 5 months later...

hi guys

im mr newbie.. here's a letter i use for my written permishion if this helps any one

Grant of permission to shoot for pest & vermin control on private land

The Landowner/agent/tenant - …………………………… address: ………………………………………………

Land Address: ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The Shooter – ................................ Address:

………………………………………………………………………………….

The Landowner/agent/tenant hereby gives permission for The Shooter to control by silenced air rifle pest species covered by the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981, Schedule 11, Section 1 relating to the Pest Species Act of 1954 & Ground Game Act of 1880. Specifically: Rabbits, Magpies, Crows & Grey Squirrels Ect. Until such a time that the permission is withdrawn. If the land is suitable ferrets and long net may also be used.

The boundaries for this activity Will been agreed in advance with The Landowner/agent/tenant and The Shooter is confined to those areas.

The Shooter named is granted permission to shoot and any changes will be by prior agreement with The Landowner.

When deemed necessary, The Shooter may recruit licensed B.A.S.C / Game Keepers Association members (maximum of 3) to assist with the pest control. The Shooter is responsible at all times for the actions of those assisting whilst they are on land and property

In return for the granting of this permission, The Shooter will respect at all times the land, buildings and materials there on.

The Shooter will behave in a safe and responsible manner at all times and respect the wishes of The Landowner.

Disclaimer

The Landowner takes no responsibility for the actions of The Shooter.

Any illegal acts committed by The Shooter on The Landowner’s land whether they result in prosecution or not, will mean that all shooting permission is immediately forfeited.

The Shooter will endeavor to comply with all legal obligations regarding the use of silenced air rifle, and / or nets. The Landowner accepts no responsibility for any non-compliance with current legislation.

The Shooter will carry appropriate, adequate and up to date third party indemnity for his activities. The Landowner will have no insurance liability in respect of shooting activities and any consequential events arising from such shooting activities as carried out by The Shooter.

The undersigned Shooter has the undersigned Landowner’s permission to shoot the Landowner’s property.

Signed: ………………………… (Landowner) Date: ……………

Signed: ………………………… (Shooter) Date: ……………

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
What if someone has paid for the shooting rights on a bit of land wont it just cause problems?

It shouldn't do no, because if they have paid, then it will be Game that they are shooting, not pests, as you will be. Similarly, if you are shooting pests for the landowner, then the fact that you have not payed to shoot game, means that you won't be doing so. And so as you will not be shooting Game, you won't be treading on anyone's toes, and thereby causing any problems. If you get me? :)

Cheers,

Grim.

• 2 weeks later...
heres mine, its probably the best

perm_card.pdf

Hi AKeeNShoT,

With respect, I would point out that Buster 321C posted the very same document to the forum on 21st june this year - here. Now, when you say "here's mine . . . . .", are you meaning 'yours' in respect that its the one you use, or 'yours' as in you made it? :hmm:

It would appear (to me at least) that the document would seem to belong to Buster 321C, in the sense that he would appear to have authored it? I am only stating what I see here, and therefore, what would seem to be the case?

Grim.

• 3 weeks later...
heres mine, its probably the best

perm_card.pdf

Hi AKeeNShoT,

With respect, I would point out that Buster 321C posted the very same document to the forum on 21st june this year - here. Now, when you say "here's mine . . . . .", are you meaning 'yours' in respect that its the one you use, or 'yours' as in you made it? :hmm:

It would appear (to me at least) that the document would seem to belong to Buster 321C, in the sense that he would appear to have authored it? I am only stating what I see here, and therefore, what would seem to be the case?

Grim.

Grim

I have been meaning to use your letter since reading it in April this year but didn't get around to using it untill last week, sent out 12 letters to local farmers & to date had 3 replies 2 sending back nice letters but no permission then today I had a 3rd reply giving me permission to shoot on a local farm, the letter is well written & though out.

Cheers

Gloster