Todays session

Decided to have a trip over to the dorset coast for a days session and to be honest i wasnt to impressed. The wind

was blowing a howly with showers of rain through out the day any way got both rods set up and chucked them out.

First two hours into the session and we didnt even get a sniff then half way through the uptide we was played by

pout every cast and one rockling. All the fish we caught was under half a pound. We fished differnt rigs at differnt

distances baits we used was rag worm, squid and mackerel. But hey you know what they say a bad days fishing is

better than a good days work. Got some pictures but im pretty sure you dont wanna see any pout unless you wanna

laugh that is.

Cheers AG :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I lived outside Chard for a bit and although have seen loads of folk fishing at Lyme have never seen anyone catching anything,the estury of the river Axe at seaton was my favorite place during the spring and summer months.I used to go on the mudflats before the road goes over the river at the harbour(little bait and tackle shop there as well),plenty of good bass and big eels on crabs to be had there and you can find the crabs under the rocks there as well.Beer was also good for seeing large mullet along the shore but never got to fish there,still a good bit of coast is dorset better than the crap Norfolk one i have to put up with.

Thanks for the info FM will give it a try down at seaton when the weathers a bit warmer for some bass. I normaly get down seaton in the

summer months outside the yaght club for makeral and garfish. I know Chard very well got family there and aslo lived there myself for

a bit. Same here never fished Beer but have fished the other side a place called Branscombe and that can produce some really nice fish

like thorn-back rays, smooth hounds, bass and you even get the odd conger come in close to shore line.

Tight Lines AG :thumbs: