Green mold on external wall

1 hour ago, terryd said:

I painted the walls in summer with aldi masonary paint and it looked great but as expected the dam green stuff came through once wet weather started. Any thing I can paint on to stop it ?

IMG_8759.jpg.e670a5d659425bcc00e43a33c632601c.jpg

I start with guttering the top bit and putting a slope on that ledge.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, mushroom said:

I start with guttering the top bit and putting a slope on that ledge.

Jesus mate that sounds a bit industrious lol. Is there not a tin of stuff I whack on. That is only part of it. I have a flat wall around the yard too.

Sort of see it here. Much worse now I painted it in nice cream paint. The yard is sort of sunken four or five feet below the upper yard above

31057448392_ee3ae26c6e_o.jpg.7112566ff34289966a703e7283d765f2.jpg

8 hours ago, terryd said:

I painted the walls in summer with aldi masonary paint and it looked great but as expected the dam green stuff came through once wet weather started. Any thing I can paint on to stop it ?

IMG_8759.jpg.e670a5d659425bcc00e43a33c632601c.jpg

Could you lift the flags on that wall and reset them at an angle to the water doesn't splash back on the render? Also possibly run a grinder along the underside so there's a drip like the underside of a stone windowsill?

green algae

cant paint over as its a living organism

algo clear pro use biocide apply once a year you will always have bother were that is but this will kill it at the root and prevent regrowth for a time ive no phone at minute to upload photos but ive done whole houses we use this stuff everyday its best on the market if they as for business name too get the pro use stuff pm me all give you mine to use its not cheap but will last you plenty time 

animals keep of any floor surfaces for 24 hours or until grounds dry which ever comes first pump sprayer and drown it in it or bucket and carwash soft brush results in 4 days

• Like 1

If you want cheap an cheerful Terry just go to pound shop an get the 50p bottles of bleach,spend fiver,don't dilute it,squeege the lot all around the green an use a brush to brush it in,an leave it for a few hours,agitate again if you want then rinse,that will clear it up.

If you can inchoate a copper strip above the algae that will sort it long term

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

This isn't a longterm cure, but would keep the mould in check if used every 3 month or so.

A little bit goes a long way when you dilute 1 to 5. Super quick job that with a little 5 ltr spear and jackson pump sprayer.

I have a waft around with it in the winter when the garden doesn't get much sun and i can't be arsed to get the jet wash out. Do concrete fence posts and plinths.. paving, brick wall, patio and what not. 

Thanks for the pointers folks I went the bleach route and with in 2-3 days it was pretty much all gone. Made a hell of a difference. Of course will need redoing but only took couple minutes. Just poured a bottle and done. Will do at the start of each winter from now 

• Like 1
On 29/01/2022 at 21:36, terryd said:

Thanks for the pointers folks I went the bleach route and with in 2-3 days it was pretty much all gone. Made a hell of a difference. Of course will need redoing but only took couple minutes. Just poured a bottle and done. Will do at the start of each winter from now 

Goods tuff terry