I’ve been laying bricks and stone for about 30 years but never been asked to do this before!

thought I’d post it because I’m well impressed with the finish and if I ever get asked by a customer about it I’ll recommend it… it’s a pice of piss to do as well :) not beyond a confident diy’ers ability,

as long as the rendered walls sound. 
its just glorified tiling

set me starter battern to the finished height so there aren’t any dodgy cuts at the top then filled in below, I cut up some spacer pegs from an old fence panel… and dot n dabbed the stone pieces on with mapie stone adhesive!!

the mortar is a standard 4 gold sand to 1 lime whisked up in a bucket and pumped into the joints with a glorified mastic gun… it’s not finished yet but the customer is chuffed to bits with the finish, the stone even has a realistic aged affect. 

97D6D992-B707-42BB-9629-6FA2A350988B.jpeg.131c21ea2d7002b9209d07f7539509ff.jpeg7D36C352-F873-46D6-BF6F-BCD34125F412.jpeg.d6a9952622d52fd312492ef7d51fb60c.jpegDB4664C8-F3F9-482A-B4DB-F4AE6AD51323.jpeg.e2760a323b160fa464a8b869b6ec9b17.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, baker boy said:

Looks the part, what does it work out per metre

The customer bought the stuff online from a place in Bristol… think it was about £35m2

the wall in the photos front and back used £60 worth of mapie bonding grout and the lime mix was couple of bags of gold/yellow sand and bag of lime£20. 

if you look online there are loads of different finishes and prices vary, I might of been building for years but if you watch a few YouTube vids it’s not hard to do?
just a random shop but it’ll show you all the different types. 

STONE-SOURCECLADDING.CO.UK

Welcome to Stone Source Cladding Welcome to the new STONE SOURCE CLADDING website...

• Like 2