Relum Tornado Trigger Upgrade

Does anybody out there know of there is a upgrade for the Relum Tornado trigger it's a early Czechoslavakian rifle? I'm just dropping in a HW95 spring which fits much better than the Meteor spring I've found as the spring rolls nicely in the end cap nub and probably better with a slip washer, but in the future I plan to turn the nub smaller so a spare HW95 spring guide I have will fit. That's why I need the upgrade I plan to run this rifle around 10.5 to 11 ftlb and have heard stories that this trigger won't cope if that's true or not. 

On 12/02/2021 at 11:46, Daveeee said:

Does anybody out there know of there is a upgrade for the Relum Tornado trigger it's a early Czechoslavakian rifle? I'm just dropping in a HW95 spring which fits much better than the Meteor spring I've found as the spring rolls nicely in the end cap nub and probably better with a slip washer, but in the future I plan to turn the nub smaller so a spare HW95 spring guide I have will fit. That's why I need the upgrade I plan to run this rifle around 10.5 to 11 ftlb and have heard stories that this trigger won't cope if that's true or not. 

From experience messing around with a severalTellys and Tornadoes too much spring compression makes the trigger pull  very heavy.

Trying to improve things with the adjustment screw simply results in a dangerously hair trigger.

As did (when l tried it anyway ) polishing the trigger parts. 

I cut the springs down a couple of coils at a time until l found a compromise.

I've never seen a trigger kit for a Relum and doubt anyone has ever marketed one for such a budget rifle.The balence between the very positive trigger catch and spring length seems to be the main limiting factor when tuning Relums . That and  the poor design of the cylinder venturi on the Tornado,which probably  could be reworked. 

Despite the name l think the  cheaper break barrel Telly of the late 60s and early 70s tend to make more power than the Tornado which was advertised as "The powerful underlever option ,producing up to 600fps" or whatever it said in all the Great Universal Mail order catalogues of the time?

Both rifles use the same cylinder and internal parts but the design of Tornado's air port is not the best.

Edited by comanche
Spelink