I've Just Been Out ~ Briefly!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Ditch fella get urself out an get a pair of neoprene wellies from THE MUCK BOOT CO feck their class. got a pair last year,was a bit like yourself before with bog standard greens. NEVER EVER AGAIN cant say enough about them :toast::toast:

they are bloody good! after spending a couple of weeks of going down to my field and either getting my army boots caked in shite or having my toes turn blue in normal wellies, mum suggested i borrow her Muck Boots. my god. they are sooo warm, even with thin socks on. after 20 minutes faffing about with the pony on a cold day in normal wellies i'd lost most of the blood flow to my feet and was in rather a lot of pain. not with the Muck Boots. down at the field for over an hour, and my toes were showing no signs of the usual frostbite, and i have particularly shite circulation. most recommended :good:

Have to agree re Muck Boots. Got myself a pair a month or two back and they're the dog's b#llocks. Very warm and so so comfy, use them for everything, lamping deerstalking, the lot. At the moment it's them, pair of deerhunter trousers and a Snugpak jacket with a Helly Hansen thermal underneath, toasty.

Spud

Slight "roll" as you walk in them first time on hard ground/roads alright but soon get used to it. Only drawbacks I can think of so far are that they might be too warm in the summer and as the neoprene tops don't have a rubber outer they are more vulnerable to barbed wire but any nicks can be sorted with a dab of "Aquasure" neoprene glue.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Alright, Ok, peeps; I'm fully convinced. Neoprene 'Muck Boots' it shall be ..... one fine f*ckin day! Only, right now, I'm so skint my gear's largely in rags and I can't afford to replace Shit. That's why I haven't bothered scuttling off to Google and even daring price the damn things.

But then, comes the time I Do get the money? I'll have to find them somewhere over here. I'm kinda hoping this shop I know in the next county may keep them.

Thing is, see; In england I always wore size 11 boots. I have broad toes (as some of ye might have noticed before now :whistling: ) so, whilst my feet are probably 10 1/2 long, I need 11 for the toe room. But, when I tried my Irish, steel toe capped gum boots on? Size 11 was ridiculously too big for me! :blink: Now, would ye believe, the first size I try on is a 9!!!

Then Dean O' very kindly gave me an old pair of boots which I'd had, years ago, in england. The english ones were 11's. There were - apparrently - Irish size 9's ..... and they pinch my f*ckin toes! Can't bear to wear them! :wallbash:

So, ye see what I'm saying? No way on gods little green earth can I try buying any mail order. It'll have to be from a try and buy shop. And shops want money and I've got none of that. F*cked. But thanks for the valued input. Comes the day, I'll go for Neoprene Muckers like a ton of bricks :good: