border terriers

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackntan
gonna be getting meself a border in the near future and was wanderin weather there were any lines that stood out from the rest? only ever gonna be doing ratting but would like a fine example of the breed. love to see any pics of yours if you keep em,

cheers

that tyson dog in the country mans look nice,but i wouldent want one out of him for work.

my mate had four young ones out of him,nice lookers but thats where it ends.

they were tried on rat and rabbit when young,and fox as they got older but no good at all.

any way my mate died.

and i owed it to himto try the dogs had them for six months or more and tryed them week in week out but still

no good.

a nice dog that tyson but you would think youd get one worker out of four wouldent you.

In replie

tyson and the rest of that guys borders son and daughters definatley all work no question !

Have had litters sired by tyson all gone to working homes

several have gone to members from this site and again making workers

regards smiler

I spoke to the guy who owns Tyson at the Midland and he didn't seem to have the first clue about terrier work.

taf.jpg

if some one you dont know walks up to you and starts asking you qestions about your terriers , do you dig with them , were do you work them etc etc, only a fool or a bragger, tells you anything these days , as tony acted daft ill let you form your own opinion :whistling:

Is that what I asked him? Notwithstanding, even if I did, for somebody who flaunts his wares so openly, why would he have become so reticent so suddenly.

Could the 'extremely good looking' not be interpreted as bragging? He was also in a van with 'pest control' plastered all over it, so on one hand he advertises his and his dog's services, but he's not a bragger? Now I'm really confused.

I also got a pm from his rep, Havoc, telling me how good the dog is and that I'm a 'spanner'.

YOUR WORDS , SPOKE TO THE GUY :hmm: , HE KNEW NOWT ABOUT TERRIER WORK, MAY BE HE DIDNT LIKE THE CUT OF YOUR JIB , SO WAS NOT FORTH COMING WITH ANY INFORMATION ON HIS OUT OF HOURS PASSTIMES AS FOR HIS VAN LIKE THE ADD IT DOSE WHAT IT SAYS ON THE CAN DITTO , AS THE DOG IS A FINE EXAMPLE OF THE BREED I WOULDENT SAY BRAGGING BUT IF YOU FEEL HE IS MIS INFORMING THE PUBLIC WHY NOT CONTACT YOUR LOCAL TRADING STANDEDS OFFICE AND PURSUE IT FURTHER IT SEEMS TO HAVE TOUCHED A NERVE, :)

My nerves are fully untouched. My words were that I spoke to him, you assumed that questions were asked. I also said he didn't 'seem' to have a clue; I never criticised his terrier, or him, simply because I haven't seen the dog at work, but if he was acting stupid, he certainly deserves an Academy Award.

I won't comment on the dog being a fine example of the breed - I haven't seen it work. Furthermore, I'm not here to trash other people's dogs; I merely made a comment - which I stand by - the guy seemed clueless. You and he obviously went to the same 'special' school. The next thing, I've got his fan club sending me insulting pm's.

Why doesn't he advertise it as 'extremely good working'? And why does he allow it to cover bitches that he doesn't know the history of?

Now, go and change your nappy.

EXTREMELY :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by blackntan
  • 1 month later...
Again that Tyson

Anybody who has working dogs would know a working dog!

in defence again that lads dogs dig on a regular basis last season i was there on several days

he had been doing the terrier work for a hunt near him 3 days a week due to the regular man being injured !

and im sure he would answer anyone who was interested in any of his dogs

The fella s called Tony his no is always in the cmw

i have a few pics of the dogs but dont know how to shrink them

i will try to put some more on

regards smiler

Hi smiler, can i ask ....is the pic you've posted ...is this a pic of Tyson :)

Edited by BROCKFOX
  • 2 weeks later...
yes it is tyson had it rough with a squirrel

try to shrink a couple more !

top pic tyson and fudge after a dig

bottom pic two of my bitches trying to share a catch !

left lilly homebred out of tyson

right pip oxcroft bred bitch

previous post that is

yes it is tyson had it rough with a squirrel

try to shrink a couple more !

top pic tyson and fudge after a dig

bottom pic two of my bitches trying to share a catch !

left lilly homebred out of tyson

right pip oxcroft bred bitch

previous post that is

bet thats not the one out of your garage