The Law.......concerning Knives.

This is true

Today i went to buy some scales after getting back from walking the dogs and i always carry a knife on my belt perfectley normal to me so on the way back home two police range rovers pulled us up and orderd us to get out of my old mans car and do not move our hand from above our heads they hand cuffed me dad and sercherd us both finding the knife on my belt he told me a member of public in comet rang and said i had a wepon on me i explained what i do and use it for all he done was make me sign a bit of paper and said be careful also giveing me my knife back wishing me luck finding a gamekeepers job.

All i can say at least they responded in very good time and also to all who carry hunting / multi purpose knives hide them in public plases i will from now on it seems normal to me and you but not normal people so please be careful.

Thanks

Stork.

Happy new year.

Edited by stork

Don't get me started, but do have a read of this. Right or wrong, the debate will rage but as the law stands as it is we MUST be carefull, its just another reason for us to be as professional as we can in what we do.

Sitting here thinking about it someone could of used the knife on me or themselves i will not be doing that again but they still never gave me a lecture on a knife LAW i think they should of.

Guest Lord B
The knife i have is a fixed blade 4 and a half inches long :hmm::doh:

I am amazed you didn't get arrested for that. A keeper (part time) on as near by shoot was arrested last year after a stop check on the A5 by pass. Had a fixed blade Gerber Gator in his tool box. No reasonable cause for its possesion in a public place, the case is still pending. He's on police bail, but the min scentence is 5 years (was 3 but think its just gone up as part of the Vilont Crime Act)

The knife i have is a fixed blade 4 and a half inches long :hmm::doh:

I am amazed you didn't get arrested for that. A keeper (part time) on as near by shoot was arrested last year after a stop check on the A5 by pass. Had a fixed blade Gerber Gator in his tool box. No reasonable cause for its possesion in a public place, the case is still pending. He's on police bail, but the min scentence is 5 years (was 3 but think its just gone up as part of the Vilont Crime Act)

I must have been luckey and our police force was rated worst in the Country.

I suppose it just depends on what mood the Fuzz are in when they pull you over and your attitude toward them.

One of the only two good things this b'stard government have done, is invent so many laws even the Police don't know which one we or they are breaking on a daily basis. :feck: