whats the best shooting 4x4

hi whats the best budget 4x4 pick up or commercial 4x4 got around 2750 to spend been looking at ford ranger and hilux and terrano commeciallooking for something with plenty of room in the back for the dogs and ferrets etc . looking for your options please cheers happy new year all!

Hello mate

You'll certainly get hold of a decent earley 4 x 4 for that money. probaly 1990's models but not many registered from 2000 onwards unless they done a good few miles or Cat D or whatever....

A pickup is a handy bit of kit but won't do the seriouse off road stuff like a Landy! having said that my Navara gets me where I want to go with plenty of room in the back for all my bits and peices, I can stick the dogs in the back, hawk box and plenty of other gear and still have plenty of space and still keep the cab clean, depending on what you're looking for I would go for a pickup generally because how handy they are...

ATB

Jasper

Hello mate

You'll certainly get hold of a decent earley 4 x 4 for that money. probaly 1990's models but not many registered from 2000 onwards unless they done a good few miles or Cat D or whatever....

A pickup is a handy bit of kit but won't do the seriouse off road stuff like a Landy! having said that my Navara gets me where I want to go with plenty of room in the back for all my bits and peices, I can stick the dogs in the back, hawk box and plenty of other gear and still have plenty of space and still keep the cab clean, depending on what you're looking for I would go for a pickup generally because how handy they are...

ATB

Jasper

cheers mate thanks for your reply might of had a bit of luck with a ranger just waiting on a phone call

i bought a trooper long wheel 1990 for shooting hawking £400 gets any where plus loads of room :hunter:

my brother and i (+a couple of others) used to use my wifes shogun as the main shooting motor because it had plenty of room, big windows, and on more than one occassion the roof proved strong enough to support two big lands sat on it whilst driving arround the fields, we tried my hilux pickup but that was to noisy and lacked a smooth enough ride, lastly we tried my brothers sj but that was way to small so the morel of this tail is go for shogun size/type and if your actually going to shoot from it like we did go for a petrol...deisels abit to noisy

lee :thumbs:

Guest Lord B

200 or 300tdi Discovery from the mid to late 90's. Won't beat it and they'll go forever and available in good cond in your price range, I know of many on between 300-400,000 miles and still going strong so don't let "high" miles put you off.

There are plenty of vehicles that will do the same miles, plenty that may be bigger inside, plenty that cost less (and more), some that may be better on the rough stuff (LR 90), but for under £3k, for a vehicle that will be practical, comfortable and go for mles with space for everything the Disco wins in my eyes.

Just seen this for sale on the forum which sounds pretty good for the price....

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/forums/index...showtopic=38779

Been looking a one of these for a while one of the keepers has one on one of the large estates i shoot over says there really good. just thought a pick up has more room in the back cheers