Our usual dog walk takes me to a farm where there are no earths in use and I take the thermal spotter just to be on the safe side to get terriers back should there be a badger afoot . I’ve recently seen a roe buck setting up territory near a road and spotted him same place , same time for 4 days running but at night . Yesterday evening myself and my son made plans to intercept him as he did his rounds from a nearby silage field .When we got there the field was just cut but the buck was up and narking ground . . We had a long crawl through the swaffs to a fence then a ditch that runs down the field . He was about 180 yds away and walking to be parallel to us at some point . George slid under the fence and to the other side the ditch to lie prone whilst I glassed  over his shoulder . Finally the buck stood opposite and George took the shot at about 100 yds hitting him smack on the money . The buck ran a short distance to expire with no drama . Great to be out with him and to see the confidence he now has . Proud Dad . 

833E1BEC-E6FE-4903-BB48-A68A9AF1ADF9.jpeg

7E35C899-5401-41CE-AE32-4969ABD5CFD6.jpeg

4D3A3604-7212-476F-8505-561900100F75.jpeg

7F2ABBAB-13C6-4349-9607-E5553B3AC631.jpeg

• Like 4