single handed russells

]well you've been very lucky then.....i have seen some belters also...but i've seen just as much shite over the years ;) .

p.s has that bull cross got collie in it aswell ?[/size][/font][/b]

na mate he is 5/8 bull greyhond but line bred lurcher to lurcher

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody work single handed russells, dogs that stay in deep places, dig on in awkward spots and find in big sets, i ask because i think the honest white dogs are like hens teeth, and a line of this type even harder to find, i am not saying they dont exist but as i say not all to common.

Thanks for your replys, those of you who thought i was knocking white dogs i have white dogs myself, those who think there all good im sorry but youve been very fortunate in the dogs you own or the ones youve seen work or is it we have different standerds, what i was getting at is anyone breeding a consistant line of white dogs that fit the criteria i wrote in the original post? I dug a good strong dog fox today with a nice white dog three foot deep , didnt put a foot wrong but i no from past times hes not to hot in big places where he has to dig on and stay for a long time,.

well you've been very lucky then.....i have seen some belters also...but i've seen just as much shite over the years ;) .

p.s has that bull cross got collie in it aswell ?

i have also seen more shite bull lurchers than good ones and by good ones i mean single handed on all quarry and is properly tested not just one or two here and there im not knocking bull x as thats what i work i mean any x lurchers :thumbs:

i really dont think youve been looking hard enough or know enough people/lines.......... there are MANY good russells out there doing the job day in day out. its a complete myth that there isnt!

as soon as i saw this post i was waiting for your reply. :clapper::clapper:

i really dont think youve been looking hard enough or know enough people/lines.......... there are MANY good russells out there doing the job day in day out. its a complete myth that there isnt!

as soon as i saw this post i was waiting for your reply. :clapper::clapper:

:feck: you know it makes sense!! :D:D see you soon mate!

Does anybody work single handed russells, dogs that stay in deep places, dig on in awkward spots and find in big sets, i ask because i think the honest white dogs are like hens teeth, and a line of this type even harder to find, i am not saying they dont exist but as i say not all to common.

I had a decent little russell dog, he was roughly 12lb in weight . He was bred by Mal Thomas in Wales. Bit on the small side for my liking but a game little b*@tard. He used to beat up a fair few of his foxes when he first started. I sent him up to a keeper in the Borders cos my black dog was fighting with him & neither would give in. The black dog was turning into the best terrier I've ever had so I was forced to part with the russell. Would have another of his calibre though.

proudy u havent seen mine i keep my own and they aint let me down yet so that says summik ask people on this site and if i trusted you i would prove it

How long have you kept the russells & what they off? You haven't got a bull terrier called Bella by any chance have you?

Guest proudy
proudy kept russels 4 7 years now had patts lakeys and others and still got my original russel in fact i only have 2 and there mother and daughter and had a good result with them on saturday :feck:

Was only asking you the breeding, not having a go at you. But.. you said in earlier post you've never had a bad russell, well you've only had 2 & you say they're good so I suppose you've been lucky. The patts & lakeys had, what happened to them? Did you get rid of them for some reason or did they not suit you? Why did you change to the whites?