is my ferret too old to breed

mick s

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: And she'll be a year older by her next season? Tis looking a bit risky, mate. It'd be a gamble for sure.

A cold hearted idiot might say something like; 'So what if ye loose her? She won't last much longer anyway!'. But that's hardly the point, is it?

:hmm: And she'll be a year older by her next season? Tis looking a bit risky, mate. It'd be a gamble for sure.

A cold hearted idiot might say something like; 'So what if ye loose her? She won't last much longer anyway!'. But that's hardly the point, is it?

if theres any chance of loseing her, or any harm comeing to her, i wouldnt even think of it, cheers ditch.

is she with a vasectomie hod or is she just very luckey and never got any infection from being in season?

i would personally never do it just in case its clear you feel for your working partners and if it poses any risk then i would steer clear and get a young one next season

:thumbs:

jill jab mate

ah i see is there any reason why you want too breed her this year ? good worker prehaps or just a good freindly charechter?

a bit of both, she was a good worker and has a lovely temprement and i just thought it would be nice to have some young from her, but as there is obviously a risk, iam not going to bother.

ah i see is there any reason why you want too breed her this year ? good worker prehaps or just a good freindly charechter?

a bit of both, she was a good worker and has a lovely temprement and i just thought it would be nice to have some young from her, but as there is obviously a risk, iam not going to bother.

Well i had an experience this yr with what i suspect was an older jill, she landed up here after we received a phone call from a chap who found her & my husband said bring her here :blink:

we fed her up and treated her for ticks, but after a few weeks she seemed to go very pare shaped :laugh: anyway she started to give birth & had 1 live kit, by next morning she was still big so we took her to the vets who confirmed there was a dead kit inside her, she was given drugs to help her pass it & thankfully she was ok :D

I am not saying it was due to her age why she had the problems ,but i would have never forgven myself if i had deliberatly bredd her for her to then go on & die of blood poisoning or summat, i just knew something was wrong & thank god i managed to get her to the vets.

All in all it turned out ok & she is now a fat lump enjoying her life here & just chilling :D