saluki whippet grey x collie grey

yes i had one!!!!

could keep him due to a house move this year though :(, he coursed well, and did great showing

he was an excelent dog about 25", rough coated, quick. too time to mature though and was a bit slow (in a nice way though. he didnt work off hes own back waited to be told)

lovely dog thou

I am assured that my dog is bred from a match dog to a collie lurcher. I' m an amateur at working lurchers compared to many on here, but this dog has taught me a lot. Very strong hunting instinct compared to the few other lurchers I have seen work. A bit slow off the mark on bunnies (but I am comparing her to the beddy/whippet/grey that we used to lamp with a lot). Pre ban, not bad on hares, but not in the same league as I believe purpose bred saluki greys to be. Would chase foxes, but she made damn sure she never caught one. If you are planning to run hares, be prepared for very long courses- several minutes (and probably out of sight unless you live in the east), not a quick blast. She would tend to settle in behind her hare and shift up a gear at the right time, often when they had run a long circle and come back to near where they started. Never tried her on the big stuff. Obedience ok, but you have to get the dog to work WITH you, not command her like a collie or a gundog- you only get her confidence by spending a lot of time- to that end I would say much more a house dog than a kennel dog.

Next time, I would like a similar lurcher and would guess that some whippet blood in the mix would be no bad thing.

She' s an old girl now, but will try and get a picture up (not got the hang of it yet). DSCF0138.jpg