eyelet closer

jrb

Im trying to get hold of an eyelet closer, without too much succses......

Does anybody out there have an old one or a spare knocking about that they would like to sell ?

try ebay jrb i have just bought a pair off there ,there the ones that look like a pair of plyers these new ones work well and alot easy to use than the old ones me and my mate put a pair of anklets on his female harris

yesterday in half the time they were £25 posted

2801799661736464_1.jpg just had a quick look these are on there but ithink they are the cheap ones i would go for the more exspencive ones

regards wag :thumbs:

Hi there, I am pricing things up to get set up with a female Harris Hawk. I saw your post and came accross this item number at ebay. It's £6.99 plus P&P at £3.99 ish.

item number - 280179966173

that is the buy it now price.

does anyone have any surplus books they want to sell about getting started in Falconry?

Bye for now!!

D/R

hi DR i do not have any falconry books forsale but if you look through some of the old posts in the buy swap or sell section im sure there is some one selling some falconry books or when people read this post im sure they will let you know if they have anything to sell

regards wag :thumbs:

These are a nice pair of pliers JRB! I have had a pair off Craig for a few years now and used them to fit a good few pairs of Anklets on birds, I expected them to slowly squeeze together when you apply the presure on the handles but nope they're pretty sturdy and made in Germany.

Here's the link to the website if not he goes on Ebay under the user name Gos6, he could well have some pairs on there :thumbs:.....

Jasper http://www.falconiformes.co.uk/wip_falconiformes_018.htm

I know what you're saying trappa and I have had the same in the past! but when Craig had the dies made up for the different size eyelets he gave me a pair before putting them on the market and they wern't quite the finnished product.

I tried them on different thickness leathers but they wasn't quite closeing completley with the Eyelet washer still spinning on the anlklet! all they needed is a bit more taking off the die that does the crimping to allow them to close tighter, anyway with trial and error they now meet up perfect and crimp the eyelets like a twist closeing tool, I have used them now for a few years as standard on a fair amount of birds without a problem, you can also apply alot of pressure to the handles without any problems :thumbs:....

Jasper