My Lurcherbitch @ six months...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your comments all, just measured her and she's 21" at the shoulder, judging by the knuckle left on her and her age I'm hoping she'll make 23/24"

She's strong boned and heavy in stature, but still retains a good deal of speed.

As long as she's got the want :good: I'm sure she'll be able to cope with most of the lil red un's.

hi s.j what did yous want the bitch to do charlie, rabbits or bit of an alrounder, is she fairly fast as my dog don t seem to want to sprint but he s a crackin dog and as settled in well.

Mainly fox as I don't do rabbits these days...

On the speed question, I thought she was a bit slow at first and seemed to have a Lazy action.... :( then to my surprise she opened up behind a bolting bunny and showed herself in a different light.... :D

The speed's there...... just need to get the right thing up and running in front of em.. before you see it... :blink: they're still young and need time to mature.....

• 1 month later...

Progress report on my young bitch...

She's coming on fine, hunts like a hound/spaniel...

Hasn't quite sussed the fact she needs to stay ouside the cover for the bolt :haha: she just trashes straight through cover like it wasn't there....

I'm letting her do her own thing and learn what it's all about herself, Getting keener each time I take her out......

progressing nicely I'd say....

How's your Loki ??

Progress report on my young bitch...

She's coming on fine, hunts like a hound/spaniel...

Hasn't quite sussed the fact she needs to stay ouside the cover for the bolt :haha: she just trashes straight through cover like it wasn't there....

I'm letting her do her own thing and learn what it's all about herself, Getting keener each time I take her out......

progressing nicely I'd say....

How's your Loki ??

he's doin alrite,asn't grown height wise, as your bitch s.j.good with the others had a ferreted rabbit did well until it squatted then he didn't no [bANNED TEXT] to do with it :11: but he'll learn, usin his nose well daytime and as marked a couple of bunnies. i'll get the misses to put sum pics up ,cheers fur askin bout he. :)

I'll measure her in morning and get back to you...

She's seen a fox when Milly drew it, the others ragged it and she took a sniff and walked away.... :search: they're still young plenty more to come I guess.....

I'm happy with her :D:D