Wolf in the wild

Guest Vladimir

I bet some of them good deerhoundxgreyhound crosses would be just as good as our good stags are. We got some pretty shitty stags here too ya know. There aint no way in hell I will ever try to convince anybody that we got the market cornered on great dogs cause there aint an ounce of truth to it. We got way more shit eaters that we got great ones just like yall do I am sure. You guys take your best bull/greyhound cross and breed it to your best deerhound/greyhound crosses and go back and forth til you got amazing dogs that can take fox without even trying hard and you got yourself the same shit I am feeding. LOL! You can leave them light in the ass dogs out of it though cause they aint taking no coyote and thats another fact. HAHA!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what the wolf should have looked like as soon as the dogs caught him. Not that in and out baying shit.

Hi Dan, I agree with what your saying. I've seen stags do that on a coyote before but only cause they'd caught a pile already and were just too tired to finish it. Most kills are quick grabs no fooling around. The best dog I ever saw was a very hard coldblood bitch she was all business. Her canines were all broken but she would get that throat hold and kill em with badbreath and gums in no time flat. she made the others look like ameteurs.

all the best Dirtwinger

This is what the wolf should have looked like as soon as the dogs caught him. Not that in and out baying shit.

Hi Dan, I agree with what your saying. I've seen stags do that on a coyote before but only cause they'd caught a pile already and were just too tired to finish it. Most kills are quick grabs no fooling around. The best dog I ever saw was a very hard coldblood bitch she was all business. Her canines were all broken but she would get that throat hold and kill em with badbreath and gums in no time flat. she made the others look like ameteurs.

all the best Dirtwinger

post 50 you say if a dog shakes or tears its a fault they should only pin,post 67 i have no plans to hunt coyotes, post 75 a few times we caught 5 in a morning post 79 your good lady jumping on wolves attacked by a grizzly stalked by a mountain lion, post 97 now a dog killing them with gums and bad breath in no time flat :clapper: is it common to catch 5 in a morning by accident as you dont hunt them,again post 50 your grand father importing borzois into britain from imperial russia :clapper: as jimb would say i smell shite

I dont know you scotsman but I can tell you this, dirtwinger know more about killin coyotes that almost everybody else on this board. And..........yes he could accidentally kill a few here and there without trying where he comes from. We have coyotes here and they are plentiful. I dont want my stags ripping and tearing either and yes I have caught the odd few that will get ripped up too bad. The bad breath and gums part was just him being funny in "OUR" way. Its very hard for us to understand you fellas humor sometimes but we try hard and enjoy your humor alot once we figger out what the hell you are talkin bout. The guy aint a coyote hunter, he is a hare hunter but he has seen many coyote taken by his dogs and others cause of where he lives. There are real famous coyote hunter that live right down the road from him I am sure and thats where alot of his experience (not shit) comes from. Anyhow, I aint pickin at ya but I can read his posts and I know he aint bullshittin none of us. He aint my bro either, I dont know him from you. First time that I can actually remember a post from him was about a day or so ago.

post 50 you say if a dog shakes or tears its a fault they should only pin,post 67 i have no plans to hunt coyotes, post 75 a few times we caught 5 in a morning post 79 your good lady jumping on wolves attacked by a grizzly stalked by a mountain lion, post 97 now a dog killing them with gums and bad breath in no time flat :clapper: is it common to catch 5 in a morning by accident as you dont hunt them,again post 50 your grand father importing borzois into britain from imperial russia :clapper: as jimb would say i smell shite

Scotsman most of my coyote experience comes from one season when I hunted coyotes on a weekly basis. Most mornings we went we out took one or two coyotes but their were days when the coyotes were thick on the ground. just like town foxes you get city coyotes, along the edge of town the coyote density is higher than the open desert and multiple long runs in a short period of time are not unusual.

I am not a expert coyote hunter and dont plan on becoming one, hares are my preference. What knowledge I have comes from going out with a very experienced coyote hunter and his veteran dogs. I have caught exactley two coyotes out on my own but I have seen many caught over one season.

The dog with the broken teeth was for real, I saw dogs that really looked the part who couldnt do the job half as well as her.

If I can ever get my scanner to work I will post some pics of the coyote hunting i did. Not that I have any desire to promote myself as a expert coyote hunter, I wouldn't of caught shit if I hadn't been out with someone who hunted coyotes for 30yrs.

I only got on your case in the first place because your alaunts sound like vanity dogs. Other dogs can do what your dogs do far more effeciently. Putting a fancy name on them dragged out of the history books doesnt change what they are, slow heavy bull crosses with limited uses. I guess you could use those big heads to block holes while you get a rabbit out of the net.lol

But mostly they are just to make you feel like a tough guy If you are worried about the smell of shite I suggest get your head out of your arse!

Now there are few real experienced coyote guys contributing to this thread I will let them do the talking.

Dirtwinger