foreign working breeds

Ive got a teckel bitch which i am more than happy, with ive also enjoyed reading post on this forum about jagdterriers etc. I realise there are probably more and better breeds in this country than most others and they have been bred to do the job in conditions in this country. BUT has anyone been curious about working or researching any breeds not usually used to work in this country that may do a very good job.

• 3 weeks later...

there are few that still use them here.. few and far between. all i can ever find are those lame ass miniature versions. probably good for rats i suppose. i prefer the larger kind but cant find them. some use them for trailing wounded game though.

as for using breeds to do jobs you wouldnt expect of them... i'd love to see that. it isnt that i dont expect that of them... its just weird.. its just frowned upon for anyone to use a pure bred AKC breed to any kind of job. they're either pets, breeders, or show dogs.. or all three.. and thats all they do!

now my grandad did use a chihuahua for squirrel hunting and game trailing

Mitzi_The_Murderer.jpg