jaspers gos

Hybred

Guest terrierbullpit

ok so whares the pics :good: my [bANNED TEXT] had one off of jaspers breeding not last year but the year bofore lol he swares jasper teaches his birds to be anti scotish ! aye and another thing i think jasper only sends em up scotland to wipe out all our game :D:D:D:D:D:good: ...........

Thanks for that Hybred and terrierpitbull :icon_redface:.

The male I kept back for myself this year was coming on fine until it swallowed a lead pellet, its now recovering from mild lead poisening and doing fine again after a few weeks of worrieing weather it was going to die or not, thankfully it cast the pellet but the toxicity had to still get out of its system, I'm tempted to take him up again due to how big he is but like a pratt I did something stupid in the panic should this one die.

In the panic I shot out and brought another Gos thinking the worse about this bird, its another male and supposed to be Finnish! I paid top wack of £800 for it which is £50 more than I would ask for my Finnish males and its turned out a tiny bird, the bloke asured me it was the same stamp as the male I bred hear around the 2lb mark! so I beleived him and took his word for it, I met him in a service station like you do with the bird in the box and paid him his money and returned home, when I opend the box hear I new straight away by its feet, I stuck it on the scales and it was topping 1.13 1/4 with all the gear on, it was'nt as big as he said but I know birds vary slightly in weight so I was happy, although I was suspiciouse by the way it sliced its mutes which pointed out it had food in it! I weighed it the next day and it was 1.10 1/4.

To cut a long story short I contacted him about it and he was full of all the excuses under the sun but finally offered to give me some money back, well this was over two weeks ago and surprise surprise it has'nt turned up <_<, I have rung him again and had a bundle with him but I'm not holding my breath about it, the other thing with the bird which he lied about was its plumage! he said it was feather perfect even though it had been in the aviary for 16 weeks, but every primary on both wings has the tips off.

Now for the good points. I can gennuinly agree with him that this bird is 100% P/R and is turning out as far as gos's are concerned a sensible bird, it Hoods well and has come forward in giant leaps from the time I picked it up on 18th Sept, Its now on the length of the creance and hammering back to the fist without a blip, the lad who came out with me yesterday wore dark shades and bright T-shirt but this bird still flew back to his fist with a problem, he still needs more manning expecially to dogs but his training has been quick and easy! I have never held him back and took him through as far as he wants to go without having to push him, his weight is now 1.7! some finnish male Hey. :blink:

Cheers

Tony

finnishgos3.jpg

tonygos1.jpg

• 2 months later...
Jasper  the male gos you bred  :good: has just been up hear for a week and its a credit to you cracking bird it has lernt a lot especialy how to catch scottish bunny's in a gale :D

Hybred

at least i think it is :whistle:

Hello Hybrid

just got some pic's through from the lad you was talking about who had the gos up scotland, its a finnish x german bird I bred last year and doing really well by the sounds of it, Its 2 1/2 oz's bigger than this so called finnish bird I brought off Andy Hollinshead this year which is supposed to be pure finnish :icon_eek:, Hollinshead will need to be diveing for cover when I finally meet up with him the scum bag :realmad:.

This is what the lad wrote to me about this finn x german male and a couple of pic's

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony

thought I would drop you a line to let you know how Khan is doing, as you

know I haven't imprinted a gos before but I do belive I have got it right,I

took advice for evrybody I know who has done it before watched the dave

jones dvd'sand hoped, he is a bit vocale but i've been told that will go as

he gets older.

The last week of sept I took him up to scotland for a week with the little

hawking club I belong to bloody windy and plenty of rain but he done me

proud in total the 5 of us came home with about 70 rabbits which I think is

a good number, I surtenly shed a pound or two of fat while we where there,

anyway more about Khan so far he has only broken two tail feathers and by

this time last year my friends gos had about 6 redtail feathers imped in I

belive that is down to the vitemins he had and is still taking when he has

chick, to get him hunting I had to take his weight down to 1-71/4 and he is

now hunting at 1-91/2 we have just got back in from a cople of hours hunting

and he took another good rabbit I don't keep an exact record of how he dose

but so far this season he has taken well over 40 rabbits 1 duck (male

mallard) 1 phesent (hen) and 2 chickens one of which he took while he was on

the bow before he could fly the hunting isn't briliant at the moment but

after chistmas I should have a new bit to go on so you will have to get down

here for a day, anyway thats it cant think of anything else and I havent

written this much since I was at school,if I can get it right there should

be a picture of khan in scotland it is one Iam going to have enlarged and

framed coz Ilike it,anyhow all the best hope to see you soon.

julian

DSCI0077.jpg

DSCI0114.jpg

I wish i hadn't been put of getting one of those fellow's for now..i fecking love them.. :good: ..ill be trying a red tail then hopfully onto the elite...a (Gos).. :yes: .

Great pic's..

Millet

Hello Millet

As you can see the lad who brought this bird chose to Imprint it which to be Honest is a easy way of flying a Gos, it was also his first Gos but Imprinting it made life far easier for him! the downfall is as you can see is the bird mantling over kills and also screaming which he mentioned and flying it to the lure! some get quieter as the seasons go on but alot don't :sick:. If you live close to neighbours this can sometimes cause hassle as some will scream through out the day until flown or even after.

Its a good move starting with a P/R Redtail, you'll learn all the basics of Manning/weight control/Conditioning and overall handling of a bird with attitude! it won't be long before you take on a P/R nutcase of a Gos straight out of the aviary and turn it into a top notch hunting partner B), or you could have a Imprint next year and take a chance how it turns out.

Take Care

Tony