Dog Fox - 22Lr

Don't know what your budget is Elliot but this might help - £646 or £538 if you can reclaim the VAT through the farm business you live on.

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/savage-model-25-17-hornet

CZ is approx £100 more.

Thanks Alsone, still above my price range unfortunately. I wish I could claim the VAT back too. Despite having relatives who live on farms, I don't :)

Sorry to hijack your thread Elliott but if I can just ask what range did you zero your hornet at cc?

If its hundred yards what is the trajectory say at 50 and at 200?

Like Elliott the 22 hornet is something I've been thinking about, as I reload for my 223 I will be reloading for the hornet when I eventually get one

I have a cz 527 in 223 so was thinking of the hornet in the same model?

I slipper, haven't got a Hornet yet but I hope to soon. I imagine 100yds would be the standard zero range

Aup Chris, if your after advice on the Hornet I know Tom parry at Church Stretton shoots and reloeds for 1 and has done for years. He absolutely swears by his and has a couple for sale.

Regards

Dan

What's he got for sale Dan and how much?

"Nice 1 Elliott the .22 is surprisingly good on Charlie"

Although I use ,222 for fox(can be fed reduced hornet level loads as can .223 :thumbs: )I shoot just as many foxes with .22lr purely because they present "targets of opportunity"when I am out rabbit shooting with .22lr. Given precise shot placement & sensible range .22lr is very effective on fox.