My First Outing With a Longnet

byrney

What a bloody day, a right mixed bag. It was my first outing using two 25 yrd longnets i have recently bought. As i did'nt have a clue how to set them i bought The Art Of Longnetting by Harold Wyman to pick up a few tips. So after doing my home work i made myself a peg bag using an old pair of jeans and made a couple of sets of end pins and set off with my 11 week old beddy whippet/greyhound (it was her first outing as well).

The first net went up reasonably easy, but what a nightmare the second was. I pissed about for over an hour untangling it, i think the main problem was that i did'nt follow the bit in the book that says dont put any knots in you nylon cord, big mistake. Anyway i eventually got it up and i free ran the ferrets, they bolted one within two minutes and the net got it, which was great but when i got round to it it was half dead with mixy which is a right pisser as it is my best bit of permission. I got the rabbit out of the net and threw it live to the pup who was loosley tied to a net peg to see how she would react. Now this is the good bit, she instantly started to kill it but it broke free, so she pulled her lead off the peg chased the rabbit and had the bugger. Even though it was full of mixy i was well pleased as she is only 11 weeks old and i think it will give her confidence for the future.

So as i say it was both a good and bad day but i am going to keep going with the nets.

post-10721-1196023571_thumb.jpg

post-10721-1196023599_thumb.jpg

post-10721-1196023616_thumb.jpg