some advice please

dannyg

hi every one i am thinking about getting a harris hawk been doing a bit of my home work on them is their any thing you can do when they are squarking, dont want to upset the neighbours any advice welcomed cheers

Hello Danny

If you look back over some of the older Posts there's alot of Info on this subject from the Harris Lads :thumbs:...

Cheers

Jasper

hi mate,

dont matter what anyone tells you there is no such thing as a totally quiet harris, if manned well and trained they love huntin and whenever it sees you it wants to go huntin! i took mine well early 8 weeks only cos if i didnt someone else was gonna and he is a great bird, tottally silent in the field but if i walk past his aviary or whenever he sees me he wants to be out, never been fed in the aviary and although took early not imprinted as was left alone till 12 weeksand fed bliind through a trap in the cage. if your lookin for a silent bird look for somthin else or move next to someone deaf! i got several mates with harrisis and every one is vocal not persistant screaming but there will besome noise no doubt about it!

hi mate,

dont matter what anyone tells you there is no such thing as a totally quiet harris, if manned well and trained they love huntin and whenever it sees you it wants to go huntin! i took mine well early 8 weeks only cos if i didnt someone else was gonna and he is a great bird, tottally silent in the field but if i walk past his aviary or whenever he sees me he wants to be out, never been fed in the aviary and although took early not imprinted as was left alone till 12 weeksand fed bliind through a trap in the cage. if your lookin for a silent bird look for somthin else or move next to someone deaf! i got several mates with harrisis and every one is vocal not persistant screaming but there will besome noise no doubt about it!

Totally agree with that. :thumbs:

Guest BIG FRANK

MY OLD MANS GOT A HARRIS AND SO I BROUGHT ONE AND AS JOHNNY SAYS DON'T ASPECT IT TO BE SILENT ALL THE TIME .MINE DIDN'T MAKE ALL THAT MUCH NOISE. IF YOU HAVE IT FROM A NOT TO EARLY AGE ......IMPRINTING.. AND YOU MAN IT YOU SHOULD BE OK .

AND WHEN YOUR FLYING IT AND IT CATCHES YOUR QUARRY AND ITS YOUR BIRD THAT DOES IT. YOU'LL BE BUZZING AND YOU'LL THINK f**k THE NAIGHBOURS. TRUST ME ITS MINT..

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

hi every one i am thinking about getting a harris hawk been doing a bit of my home work on them is their any thing you can do when they are squarking, dont want to upset the neighbours any advice welcomed cheers

if you get a young 1 mate just bring the weight down slowly dont rip yhe weight offf it and you will be fine :yes:

hi mate,

well im afraid you have

a. been told wrong.

and b. made a mistake in the upbringing, as aside from a quiet croak when i say good morning ,some gentle peeps when its feeding /hunting time and a loud hh squark when a fox is in the field i dont hear a peep from my cast ,although i will emphasise they are more vocal in their first year but not enough to bother a neighbour

hedge your bets take a 20 week bird and get a mentor to give you good advice on the weight control and the feeding /bridge system you use to avoid vocal hh .oh an intro dogs early on