Ferret locator

dino

Guest bigredbusa

i just got a 16ft mk3 with two collars off ebay for £170 , never used one before as i come from the old school ( too skint :) ) and seems very easy to use , just stick it on search and once you are within 8 ft turn it to locate .##

honestly it is a very easy to use piece of kit

lots of people prefer mk1, others mk3, i myself had mk1 and sold it and got a mk3, which is the best in my eye's, others will say different.

i think they are both good at finding ferrets, they way i look at it, is the mk3 is the newest, therefore any problems/lost broken bits etc, you can get onto deben and get it sorted, the mk1 however has been and gone, you'll only ever get second hand, some bits can be bought from deben still, and i belive they still service them, but if they were so great, why do we now have a mk3,

Guest Magwitch

the mk3 is overly complicated and makes a rather annoying sounds, they should have just updated the mk1 with newer electronics it is far superior and accurate just my opinion, ive never had one that was faulty in all the years ive been ferreting and it would be interesting to see how long a mk3 lasts :snack:

Guest Rabbiteer

Mark 1 this, Mark 3 that.

What do you guys think about the Mark 2's.

Would be really interested to hear about any actual experiances please.

All the best,

Nik

Edited by Rabbiteer

Had the MK1 when i was a teen mid 80,s :cry: just got meself the MK3 used it 3 times up to now looks complicated but is quite simple to use in the field have a look at all of them if possible and decide what you would prefer to use....MK3 for me tho :thumbs: