BSA LIGHTNING

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Had my BSA lightning for a few years now and i think its a real nice little gun and does the job i want it for!!

What power is behind it as in ft lbs > ?

What is it compared to the airarms TX200?

Guest Ditch_Shitter

:hmm: " Had it a few years " ? Ok. Shouldn't matter. I Bought mine what'll now be close pushing the three years ago, so it's liable to have been of the same standard. I had it professionally cronographed and the guys were very satisfied with it. It came in " Comfortably within the legal limit." So, don't mess with it and the law won't be messing with your future, Lloyd ;)

Oh, and 'my' rifle is still out there, quite comfortably messing with rabbits and pigeons heads :yes:

Fine rifle as is. F*ck not.

tx 200 is pish not as good as bsa in JMO.. Heavy and the under leaver is more of a fart about than a straight brake barrel i had a tx for like a week and got rid

Yeah they are heavy and an underleaver is a bit more fiddly,but pish. :no:

IMO the TX200 is a better rifle than the Lightning.

It's a funny thing, but reading this thread I can come at it from both sides, the TX as with the Pro Sport, underlever yes, heavy yes, pish no. Absolutely brilliant more like.

As for the Lightning, bought my mates XL last week and it's a great little gun, very, very usable in the field and you hardly know you're carrying it. I wouldn't mess with yours LL, they do the job just the same.

Al :gunsmilie:

Guest little_lloyd

Thanks Lads!!

Not thinking of messing with it as i said it does the job a gudden for me. Just i started this thread beacause I have the lightning and my mate has the TX200 and i was just comparing the two :victory:

Personly being a small lad the t200 is a f**k off heavy thing and i can not even aim at a bloody rabbit let alone get a decent enough head shot :thumbdown:

But the Lightning nice and light and i can get a much more accurate shot when it it my hands!!!

Most of my shooting is Squirrels. But ive taken Rabbit,Jays,Pidgeons, Phessies etc The usual air gunn quarry!!

just my opion i would not have a tx giving i am just not into them at all before i used a wk95 and liked it and the bsa was as good but lighter..

TX fiddly if you never killed first shot you had to fiddle about far to much loosing valuable seconds And if you are out for more than a couple of rabbits it will weigh you right down took mine out for a few hours and was all for chucking it in a hedge i am no scrony 16 year old neither..

just my opion i would not have a tx giving i am just not into them at all before i used a wk95 and liked it and the bsa was as good but lighter..

TX fiddly if you never killed first shot you had to fiddle about far to much loosing valuable seconds And if you are out for more than a couple of rabbits it will weigh you right down took mine out for a few hours and was all for chucking it in a hedge i am no scrony 16 year old neither..

I had a HW 97K when they first came out, and that was about the same weight as the TX. Very accurate as the weight helps to soak up recoil energy, one hole group at 40 yds, but if you want to travel and carry your bag home on foot (assuming your not target shooting) it is a helluva weight, especially with lamp attached. The BSA however is very light and the carbine barrel means you should be saying bye to the pellet before recoil has shifted your aim point too much. Power is not so important as accuracy, especially when quarry, or a trophy is at stake. Ignore claims that a fixed barrel is more accurate than a break, unless you dont look after your rifles working parts.

I prefer it to shooting shotguns and rimfires anyday!!

Im going to take it out tommorw with the mates TX and test them both in the feild :victory:

Let us know what you think. I've never shot a TX, though nearly bought one years ago. The thought of trying to load through that port on a dark windy night put me off as i did a lot of lamping then.

Guest little_lloyd
I prefer it to shooting shotguns and rimfires anyday!!

Im going to take it out tommorw with the mates TX and test them both in the feild :victory:

Let us know what you think. I've never shot a TX, though nearly bought one years ago. The thought of trying to load through that port on a dark windy night put me off as i did a lot of lamping then.

Weve been out lamping most nights this week using the aa tx200 and the rimfire!! I do the shining not the lamping tho :(