Rescueing Potential working dogs from shelters

Fellow hunters:

I want to tell you that in the research of this book "Forever Home: adopted dogs and the humans that love them" I evolved from a pedigree snob to being very open to finding potental talent in the shelters. To have balance, I had to limit retrievers, recieving more rescued and abandon stories from that group than any other.

I feel that breeders need to give back to the rescue groups because, quite frankly, many finely bred dogs end up at shelters or are left to breed indicriminantly, creating a large mixed breed population. If your intersted in helping us, would enjoy a somewhat mushy but happy endings book check this out. Most of the funds raised will go to our local shelter that is working so very hard to place dogs.

Here is the press release :

Forever Home: adopted dogs and the humans who love them

Forever Home is a collection of 17 abandoned or neglected dogs and their happy ending tales. All the dogs live in the Matanuska Susitna Valley in South central Alaska, an area known for its wild and unforgiving landscape but also known for the tireless work of dog rescue organizations and caring shelter staff. Full color photographs and short essays written by local graphic designer and photographer, Linda Henning or submitted by the adoptive humans fill this hard bound, 40 page book with interactive images of once abandoned dogs.

If you have adopted a dog, you will find these stories familiar and heartwarming. If you have not rescued a dog, you may find the very reason to add a canine companion to your life. Readers will come away with the understanding that these relationships, between just the right dog and human, are meant to be.

Proceeds from the sale of Forever Home will support local dog rescue groups in the Matanuska Susitna Valley of Alaska

To order go to www.imageworkspub.com or www.aklurcher.com

We appreciate your interest.