bedlington whippets

why put a small dog thats not upto the job 100% through the hassle and pain? i love beddy whippets but fox dogs they aint! rabbits and rats they are lethal on and yes they do have alot of fire! it just makers sense to get a dog with a bit more weight behind it and with a bit more height that will still pick up the bunnies! a 1stx beddy/grey would be just the job i think!

Yes I have seen 1stx beddi/grey today that looked alot more substantual, I do have two presa/bull crosses that would lend a hand, but I know what you meen just thought my nuttle patterdale used to finish the job so a large beddi/whippet should hold them well till help arrived. But i am well open minded about this new dog.

Edited by leegreen

if it was a beddy whippet mix , 3/4 whippet 1/4 bedlington , but its each to their own :) ... people prefer different breeds , and depends what sort of land your working ,

you mean like this one :D

get that dog of the f##king chair!

its a couch :doh: you should see the dogs on the bed :teaser:

My wee beddy/ whippet,22" tts, was spot on for daytime rabbits but used her nose too much for the lamp and had a couple of foxes too, but as mentioned, can be very headstrong when on the hunt. unfortunately, I had to re-home her to my grandfather (who takes herfor the odd rabbit or two :whistling: ) as she wouldn't stop attacking my deerhound cross and the fights were getting worse, so I had a long look and decided that, as most of what I do now is lamping (due to work hours) and less ferreting so I had to find her a decent home (it was only a matter of time before she got seriously injured - wouldn't back down from anything). The old fella has her out every day bushing and generally mouching about and she does as she always did - magic.

As a one-man one dog rabbiting team - a cracking wee dog.

my dog is 19 1/2 tts,to be honest mate iv never tried him on chicken eaters but i would give him ago,he does have a very high pain threshold as he never complains when cut or anything when hunting you have to be able to say right hes had enough and go home,a bull greyhound grabbed him at a show when i raced him ,my dog had the loore in his mouth,he turned and flew at it obviously this dog was quadroople his weight and grabbed him and shook him about before he backed down it wasnt until the next day when i noticed a small hole on his shoulder about the size of a 50p piece,never complained,but hey i guess no dogs the same,i no one of his litter mates is very timid,but i think its had a few beatings as a pup,NO NEED!!treat them right and you will have good little dog,i guess its like any dog eh :thumbs:

Nice one just the sort of info I want going to see some beddi crosses this morning, a beddi/greyhound, a beddi/whippet and a 3/4beddi whippet. But I must say I am a fussy fecker and I think you should be if you are keeping a dog for life shamon.

if your gona be hunting chicken munchers alot :boxing: get your self a beddy/grey you wont go wrong :thumbs: 3/8ths racey,or 1st generation cross they seem to do well,mines 1st generation cross beddi/whipp,well i guess its how there brought on :thumbs: all the best with your decision,cheers :thumbs: