Advice wanted please

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the little bit i know,give me a beddy whippet over a whippet any day the only thing a straight whippet beats it at is straight speed and thats it :thumbs: mark

markprick1 a think a read wat you said on the first page wrong didnt understand your sarcasum

Edited by ter_gibz
Hi, first post hoping ive read the rules properly and not asking stupid questions :icon_redface:

ive been trying to find a bedlington x whippet pup with no luck at all :no: ive asked about local the few people i know, checked local papers and then got pointed to this site.

can anyone point me anywhere else i should be looking, and if anyone would like to give me any pointers on what to look for when getting a pup itd be much appreciated as this will be my first lurcher type dog.

Thanks

Come on Ladies!!!!! Hes a Newbie asking a question He wants a Beddie x Whippet so why not help him in what he needs to be looking for in that pup

Yes the Whippet can have poor Feet and yes the Terrier can open up sometimes but hes asking what to look for in his desired breed of Lurcher.

Not for you lot to have a bar room brawl.

Its like being down my local on a sunday dinner.

The countrymans weekly is your best bet or use the search box at the top of the page and type "pups" into that Theres someone in there with some Beddie Whippet x Beddie Greyhound pups these may make slightly bigger (not much) but they will be slightly bigger boned.

Theres millions out there so dont rush in.

:toast:

I personally have a Working Beddie (not the roach back type) And shes caught her fair share of Bunnies from out of the Gauze and Hedge bottoms. But sometimes i wish I had another dog for the quick bursts she cant do.

Hi, first post hoping ive read the rules properly and not asking stupid questions :icon_redface:

ive been trying to find a bedlington x whippet pup with no luck at all :no: ive asked about local the few people i know, checked local papers and then got pointed to this site.

can anyone point me anywhere else i should be looking, and if anyone would like to give me any pointers on what to look for when getting a pup itd be much appreciated as this will be my first lurcher type dog.

Thanks

Come on Ladies!!!!! Hes a Newbie asking a question He wants a Beddie x Whippet so why not help him in what he needs to be looking for in that pup

Yes the Whippet can have poor Feet and yes the Terrier can open up sometimes but hes asking what to look for in his desired breed of Lurcher.

The countrymans weekly is your best bet or use the search box at the top of the page and type "pups" into that Theres someone in there with some Beddie Whippet x Beddie Greyhound pups these may make slightly bigger (not much) but they will be slightly bigger boned.

I personally have a Working Beddie (not the roach back type) And shes caught her fair share of Bunnies from out of the Gauze and Hedge bottoms. But sometimes i wish I had another dog for the quick bursts she cant do.

what lines are the beddy? any lakie or anything in there?

if its a bit of lamping and ferreting you want to do, sounds to me like the beddy whippet would be ideal. maybe a beddy/grey/whippet, a good friend of mine in the lakes has two, they are demons and take anything a lamps pointed at, also very loyal and easy going around people.

Thanks

what lines are the beddy? any lakie or anything in there?

Rambo Lines bought her from Niki from Halifax 3yrs ago this Feb.

post-1529-1194980008_thumb.jpg

sorry for the early comment just some people dont no what they talk about :censored: ,mines is a 1st generatin cross beddy whippet,iv grew up with lurchers and many different crosses,cleverest one was a 1/4collie 3/4 grey,my dad trained him well,very obedient dog,we had many other types but we had a beddyx whppet/grey, was very keen :gunsmilie: .which made me go for beddy/whppet 110% rabbiting dog :boxing: wouldnt recomend anything else for heart,they can be a little bit head strong though,but if its effort every time thats the cross,

gona put my dog through my mates whippet grey in a few years,just in case the ban comes back around :whistling: give them a little more height, so they can catch these more easily :drink:

all the best with your decision mate :toast:

post-10690-1194981196_thumb.jpg

Pidge i got mine from nicky too cracking little dogs, well miunes 17 TTS at the moment and still growing, luckily she wont be used for earth work though.. your beddy will have a dash of lakie in if murphy was the sire, but most working beddys do these days

heres a pic:

2004482206247813296_rs.jpg

Guest BIG FRANK
I dont know about whippets but i have a beddy. I'll tell you what the beddy blood will add a bit of fire to the mix.

this is the only one in this section that has hit the nail on the head i think you are just lucky if it has a great nose i have a litter of pups at the mo and oveousley they all come from the same parents and i can see which has a good nose good coat.ect its the fire your looking for collie x =brains.

bull x=power and aggression .beddy x=a little fast firery monster dont get a wippet x it.

Thanks

ok then mate why a bxw.

is it the small size you like or the rough coat,would you want it for rabbits,ferreting etc.

mybe its me ,but idont see a point in croing the two together,a staight whippet is far more superior to any cross.

they can do all and moe than a b/w could ever do.

some will say that the cross will have more nose ? it aint true

you may get a better coat,again aint true

you may like the cross ,so get one no hard rules get what you like

if your going to give advice talk sense ....... :blink::blink: ..

took the words right out me mouth snoop :thumbs:

Hi Tawny, its a combination of a few of the things you mention. A couple of months ago i lost my JRT, had him 13 years and the house is empty without a dog. I always fancied a bedlington whippet but could only have one dog at any one time.

i had a great time with the jack russel when he was younger with rats etc and through the bushes, got some permission for rabbits now and usually go out with my mate, him with the air rifle, i prefer to do the lamping. So with all this in mind i thought a bedlington x whippet would be ideal for me, ive been told im only allowed a small dog :blink: itl only be for rabbits and to be honest its just a dog i like the look of.

Like i said though itl be my first dog of this type and im open to any advice :)

good dog for that game mate :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Firstly thanks for all the replies, help and advice its been much appreciated. I managed to get a pup last saturday thanks to a member on here that was more than helpful with info and advice :thumbs: He's a cracking little dog, bit of a sh*t at times mind but funny with it, heres a picture of 'Moss'

pup006.jpg