How To Join Rabbit Pelts Together

Right im no where near this stage yet but i just wanted to get a few opinions from the experienced guys.

Im thinking about joining together my pelts when they are finished to make some kind of rug but i assume the question would be the same if i was to make anything.

Im just wondering if people would recommend shaving a little bit of one of them, put leather glue, then over laying another etc etc.

or doing the same but stitching instead of glue.

or shaving bother pelt, pinching them underneath and then stitching so there will be flaps underneath?

If stitching is the way to go..... With what??

Any way they are my ideas but there might be a way that everyone does and how im supposed to do it.

All help and advice welcome.

Thanks bud, have you got a link as I've had a look on site but can't find anything that could be what your on about.

No I haven't to be fair but I do love a good waistcoat and if I make a good job of this rug then I might have a go to add one to my collection. I'm gunna have a google for some pics for inspiration for the waistcoat