Best Ammo For Double Theraband Gold

20-15mm bands? i dont rate 12mm lead at all if they are. M10 nuts do well. I'm yet to try 11mm lead my next buy I think.

Why dont you rate 12mm lead? You may not be drawing long enough. If they're GKJ's bands they should chuck it just fine.

On another note I seem to be just about the only one that prefers a wide single band (folded over at the forks) to doubles? I like 35-25 for lead filled hex nuts (about 7-8 gram), but most seem to go for thinner double bands.

Anyone else prefer to shoot wider singles?

I've never tried it, I thought about it but it seems that the fold along the length could only add some resistance where it shouldn't be as the elastic contracts on release. I can't think of anyway it would be of benefit. Thats just me though Chuck and if it works for you and all that mate ;)

I'm bloody awful at attaching doubles to the pouch so theyre tidy.. I do use doubles on occasion though, just for variety

I haven't noticed any decrease in bandlife though with wide singles tbh or any flyers or anything, but there must be a reason hardly anyone does it?

• Like 1

I'm bloody awful at attaching doubles to the pouch so theyre tidy.. I do use doubles on occasion though, just for variety

I haven't noticed any decrease in bandlife though with wide singles tbh or any flyers or anything, but there must be a reason hardly anyone does it?

Thats what I was thinking, I might have a go at it just to see haha.

I'd be interested to hear the opinion of anyone that does regularly shoot doubles switching to bigger singles.

I don't use the same amount of rubber but I think it's just as effective (you can't kill something deader, like they say)... like, I wouldn't swap 20mm double for 40mm straights, but I use 35-25 or 35-30 which I reckon is about as effective as 20mm doubles with the ammo I use but less TBG than the doubles

I'm using 8" bands from tie and drawing to 38" iirc, might be further, past my ear and just as my shoulder starts. They do go, dont get me wrong, I started using them for when I started hunting not to long ago and hit a feral pigeon 3 times under a bridge thats probably 4-5 yards high for there to be a puff of feathers and it still sit there, hit it with an m10 once and it dropped with a hole in its crop. Also taken squirrels with m10's no problem. Wonder if the 11mm will be better, travel slightly faster?

• Like 1

Was also doing some indoor target practice last night, 8 yards on a tin and 12mm lead wouldnt go through, m10 went through and dented the other side, no idea why, would prefere to use leads because it looks proper if you get stopped, hexnuts look improvised if you know what I mean.