Squirrel Snaring

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Right i have the perfect site for a squirrel snare!!

Squirrels on my ground use a hedgerow over a small gate to get from the wood to the gardens of the house i was thinking if i put a bit of wood active as a bridge form one side of the gap in the hedge to the other and cut away the branches that the squirrels are already using they would use the plank and that where the snare comes in!!

Has anyone else snares any squirrels and what size hoop would be for the job and how hight??

This site is a craker!!!

you'll have to thank P&G for this, i just copyed and pasted.

Firstly take two strands of wire off your snare and twist it tight to make it into a four strand snare.Six strands are too thick.For squirrels you want your snare set up at 41/2" high then make a small hole derectly under the noose and push a small jump stick (about as thick as a match) into the branch sticking up 21/2".To attach your snare get a length of 3mm galvey fencing wire and bend it into a U shape the width of the branch you are snaring on.Staple the wire onto the branch to make a hoop.Half hitch your snare onto the top right or left of the hoop,little jump stick 21/2" high.Bobs your uncle

good luck LL, think ill have to get another on the go, theres another tree there using to cross the river, just last time the set vanished!! :censored:

Guest little_lloyd
Ive caught quite a few using the Fen Traps,they only cost around £6 and are a great investment.You can get 2 sizes one for RAT/SQUIRELL and a larger one for Rabbit etc.... :toast:

Yes Fenns are great at catching squirrels :thumbs:

The reason im wanting to se the wire up is something new and challanging to try :yes: