repairing nets

andy mecca

hello all

here's the scoop took a mate out last night ,ran 2 150yd nets out and walked rabbits in. my mate knows how to chin rabbits so i proceeded down one net and he took the other ,after dispatching and removing the rabbits from my net went to see how he was getting on and found he was still trying to clear his second tangled rabbit and had forgotten to dispatch the others in the excitement. needless to say i now have six areas of damaged mesh varying in size from your fist, to nearly a foot square can anyone explain the procedure for repair of these areas.

many thanks

NM

hello all

here's the scoop took a mate out last night ,ran 2 150yd nets out and walked rabbits in. my mate knows how to chin rabbits so i proceeded down one net and he took the other ,after dispatching and removing the rabbits from my net went to see how he was getting on and found he was still trying to clear his second tangled rabbit and had forgotten to dispatch the others in the excitement. needless to say i now have six areas of damaged mesh varying in size from your fist, to nearly a foot square can anyone explain the procedure for repair of these areas.

many thanks

NM

I used to have instructions for just such a problem, saved them to disk and bought a new disk player that has wrecked everything on it. Personally I just get a needle loaded with the appropriate twine and a net gauge. A pair of scissors in the back pocket is handy. I hang the net in the direction it was knit, and sort it. If I need to cut thread and restart I do. I hope someone can give better advice, as there are set ways to carry out repairs, and while I manage, not everyone is happy to work that way. On the bright side, at least you got loads of rabbits.