An Hour Out

Tozer

First success bushing (without a shotgun). I understand bushing is very different to flushing rabbits to the gun and I have been working on what I am getting wrong, walking the dogs a lot, and encouraging/allowing them to work together.

Had a conversation with a farmer and nipped over for an hour this afternoon, he's got two belting terriers about 10 years old now. Just intended on lifting a couple of bales to stop a couple of rats not much sign and only 1 rat.

Ended up walking the bits of hedge we could away from the game crops and the terriers managed a good kill, got to witness a few close misses too, couple of rabbits being pushed back to towards the other dogs and missing them by inches. Another season and they would be in the bag.

Our little terrier was epic again, working hard into a pile of branches covered in bramble the other dogs couldn't get into and flushing. My bigger solid brown one is turning into a bit of a glory hunter, coming out and darting in ahead of the action, I think they'll work well as a team :thumbs:

IMG_1084_zps900a51ba.jpg

Edited by Tozer
  • Like 4

The dog on the right is my 5 month old runner. Left of that is my plummer type. Middle two are the farm JRT. Left hand white based terrier is dads, litter sister to mine. Two completely different dogs in temperament and build.

Edited by Tozer