LaPorte Shotgun

I am awaiting a visit for my Shotgun Cert, but am getting really impatient. I was visiting the Gun shop at a country store this week and they had a Silenced o/u 12g by a company called LaPorte. It looked so much better than the Mossberg Hushpower I am intending getting.It was lighter and Shorter which was a bonus.However it was twice the price second hand.

I am really tempted but can't find any info on them.Are they a good gun? and are they as quiet as a Hushpower?

All advise gratefully accepted :signthankspin:

• 3 months later...

I am awaiting a visit for my Shotgun Cert, but am getting really impatient. I was visiting the Gun shop at a country store this week and they had a Silenced o/u 12g by a company called LaPorte. It looked so much better than the Mossberg Hushpower I am intending getting.It was lighter and Shorter which was a bonus.However it was twice the price second hand.

I am really tempted but can't find any info on them.Are they a good gun? and are they as quiet as a Hushpower?

All advise gratefully accepted :signthankspin:

Hello Bagpus, I own a Laporte pro 2 ou shotgun, yes it was expensive to buy but is a nice piece of kit. 24" barrels beneath the moderator and good woodwork with adjustable comb. This one is built up on a Fabarm which are built with modern techniques on old fashioned quality. Sound moderation is most apreciated away from the gun and it makes about the same noise as a 410. The most apreciable difference the moderator makes is to recoil. The whole thing is well balenced and smooth shooting. Origiated from the clay pigeon company but I think they have come to the end of the production run. Tom from the clay pigeon company is the man to speak to about the next run.