badger cull

60 per cent in wales are infected with tb national cull goin on today 6 pm tonight 1.5million pounds if the cull goes on 85 %of badgers in s.wales will be nomore the lab boys recon tb is rife in badgers and the main cause of blue tongue thoughts and comments?aint a joke bbc 1 news

i heard this on radio news this afty 80% in south west and wales due to the fact that when they have been moved in the past as a test all it has done is to move the problem somewhere else ie shifting but not solving!as for the blue tongue bit that is passed on by midges and as far i understand it cannot be passed mammal to mammal.we have badgers in the licking troughs all the time but luckily never had a problem with tb

prob gassing surley terrier and .22 shot is best

i agree, they should make badgers fair game for the terrier and lurcher folk as long as they reported the numbers which they killed, this would save them an absolute fortune.

Edited by weejohn
Guest Ditch_Shitter

:icon_eek: What? People gaining some sport from and even Enjoying the job, lads?! Tut tut! Couldn't possibly be allowed!

No. It'd all have to be handled by some long faced jobs worth with a heavy piece of pumping equipment to lug around. Behind tape, obviously.

Anyway, read the link Macker put up; Nothing's going to happen.

This really annoys me.

When the link between Badgers and Bovine TB was made in the 70's, and the government (Labour) gassed every established sett it could find, resulting in Badgers becoming an endangered species. Subsequently, the scientific evidence was shown to be unreliable and Badgers were then put on the protected list and the blame for the Badger population decline was attributed to Badger digging !

The Badger population has now boomed due to exagerated protection and now in many areas are at ridiculous numbers.

Now an under pressure government, in the light of Foot & Mouth and Blue Tongue, have been forced to accept that Badgers are approaching epidemic proportions in many areas of the country, and need regulating.

Apparently, this would be uneconomical...... ?

If they had'nt interfered to start with, the Badger population would have been managed by the people who most understood it, and this situation would never have arisen.

This is a warning shot as regards to Foxes. The current legislation is a joke, and numbers of Foxes are spiraling.

The News of the World ran a story this weekend on the increase of cruelty, specificaly Badger Baiting, Dog Fighting and Cock Fighting. This story is on a loop, regurgitated every 3 or 4 months to fill a quiet news week.

The thing that annoys me most is the way Badger Digging has been deliberatly confused with Badger Baiting. I have no time for Baiting, as any genuine terrierman would have, but to confuse the finest of fieldsports with a cowardly, sick spectacle is just a typical example of Tabloid and Government spin designed to pull the wool over the eyes of the masses of ignorant public.....

Here endeth the rant.....

Edited by jrb
Guest john2007oliver
This really annoys me.

When the link between Badgers and Bovine TB was made in the 70's, and the government (Labour) gassed every established sett it could find, resulting in Badgers becoming an endangered species. Subsequently, the scientific evidence was shown to be unreliable and Badgers were then put on the protected list and the blame for the Badger population decline was attributed to Badger digging !

The Badger population has now boomed due to exagerated protection and now in many areas are at ridiculous numbers.

Now an under pressure Tory government, in the light of Foot & Mouth and Blue Tongue, have been forced to accept that Badgers are approaching epidemic proportions in many areas of the country, and need regulating.

Apparently, this would be uneconomical...... ?

If they had'nt interfered to start with, the Badger population would have been managed by the people who most understood it, and this situation would never have arisen.

This is a warning shot as regards to Foxes. The current legislation is a joke, and numbers of Foxes are spiraling.

The News of the World ran a story this weekend on the increase of cruelty, specificaly Badger Baiting, Dog Fighting and Cock Fighting. This story is on a loop, regurgitated every 3 or 4 months to fill a quiet news week.

The thing that annoys me most is the way Badger Digging has been deliberatly confused with Badger Baiting. I have no time for Baiting, as any genuine terrierman would have, but to confuse the finest of fieldsports with a cowardly, sick spectacle is just a typical example of Tabloid and Government spin designed to pull the wool over the eyes of the masses of ignorant public.....

Here endeth the rant.....

What i don't understand is why do they play at both sides? I mean they spread mixi's they make out its a terrible thing. Ban any badger activities then complain about them. Same with fox. In fact they do it with everything. They tell put people in jail for a couple of years for having a punch up then send a load of troops to Iraq, Afghanistan etc to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people. I think its a control thing. And another thing no one likes forgieners but why don't we like black people? Because they rebelled because our government made them second class citizens. Why don't we like paki's? Because our government interfered, without public knowledge well before the wars were made official so they fight back the only way they stand a chance. And everything else they do aswell.

Anyway had enough waffling on now think ill shut up :whistling: