Jack Russell Training

Hi guys,

I'm new and hoping for some advice. my JRT is a brilliant little ratter, but it is all instinct. He has never been trained. I have used a few guys where I used to live that used to lamp the fields for me with their dogs to control the rabbit numbers, they were a godsend, but I am pretty remote where I am now and wondered if there's any way I can learn to do this myself and train him with the ratting enough that I can go and help my new neighbours as well. I have always had pet dogs, never working dogs, so I have no idea where to start.

All advice greatly appreciated and hope this is in the right section.

Hi there..working terriers it's in there blood iv always used my older terriers an skins to bring a pup on then early entering on the real thing after theve watched the older terriers,if your dog is good with others try getting out with other terrier men there dogs may bring yours on,on the lampung side of things that's more of a lurcher man kinda thing,how olds ya dog.

Hi there..working terriers it's in there blood iv always used my older terriers an skins to bring a pup on then early entering on the real thing after theve watched the older terriers,if your dog is good with others try getting out with other terrier men there dogs may bring yours on,on the lampung side of things that's more of a lurcher man kinda thing,how olds ya dog.

He's 6 now. He's never been out with other dogs that are like him and I his parents were not working stock, they were pets, so I guess he just has a strong prey drive.

Thanks, I'll see who's about.