Gamo 68 Heirloom.

Having just joined the site I need to post a few words before being fully accepted into discussions. A good idea I feel which sorts out the good from the bad. I originally began air rifle shooting in 1974 with an ASI Sniper .22 keeping down rats on the local farms and a large bakery. The bakery company used to pay for my pellets too! This was swapped a year later for a Gamo 68 aka ASI Paratrooper which accounted for hundreds of rats over about 2 years. This was in .22 and a non-repeater model. Life moved on. Now an odd thing happened. Whilst speaking to my brother I mentioned I had got back into shooting with a farm permission down here. "Your old rifle is in the shed, I found it when I was clearing out Mums' house". Gobsmacked isn't the word! Lo and behold it is still in good condition as I'd smeared it with oil and grease before leaving it behind when I left home in 1977. It's never been apart and still shoots well but not enough power for hunting. Anyone else remember these? Cheers, Driver C.