Castration Or Vacectomise?

You should be ok till next year the hob is still immature, his nut`s wont have dropped yet, and you need his nuts dropped to perform both operations.

Castration is cheaper as its an easier op, however if you get him vasectomised, he will be able to bring your jill out of season next year without kits having to be born.

Are vasectomies reliable , ive heard they can be quite unsuccessful

If you wait the required time and test the hob on only one Jill to see if it's been done rights no really a hardship and they now offer to send the snipped bits off and get them tested

I have two castrated ferrets. Hobs will come into season even if there is no jill ferrets. I would go with castration as there is no hormones produced by the boy, your ferret will want to be your friend and become more playful too. You don't have to wait a year before your Hob can be castrated, mine were done after 6 months. The only downside is that your jill will need bringing out if season every year.

• Like 1

Your hob's testes will be up in his body when he comes into season they will drop into that pouch under his tail you will find that the hob's generally come into season a bit before the jills and getting him snipped or castrated wont affect his working ability as your just taking away his testosterone hormones with a castration .

I reckon you would be better getting yourself another jill then getting your hob snipped as if the hobs with just the one jill after getting snipped he can mark up her neck or cut her but with two jills he spreads the love around

If hes castrated after a period of time he shouldn't try it on as he wont have the hormones , but getting him snipped all your doing is getting his tubes cut so after hes emptied his reservoir will be firing blanks