I don't think anyone can answer that for you mate.

I took my pup out on the lamp for her first time last month when she was 11 months old. Gave her 20 slips and she bagged 16 rabbits. But it was mostly nice ground, rabbits were fairly easy, mostly half grown and only a few of them were adults.

Alot of people said they wouldn't of given her that many...

But I don't regret it and she will be getting more runs next month when I take her again before the season starts.

She was far from knackered and would of easily done the same again. BUT if conditions were different or at a different venue on a different night it could of been a completely different story.

• Like 2

I would wait till the grounds soft..

I would be sick knocking up a young dogs toe this time of year, when the seasons around the corner..

Its personal choice regarding uping the bag..

A analogy would be its easier to over cook something.. Under do it and if its not quite there, give it a bit longer..

The handler should gauge the dogs maturity and ability, to hopefully make the best decision for the young dog...

I have a 14 month old dog that's seen nothing.. I aint fussed one bit about it :victory:

• Like 3