Morning all, I'm in need of a little help! I recently purchased a tx200 as a project for my self on my days off work, it needs totally re bluing which I'm glad as that means I get to do some work onit, my question is what's the best way to do this? I will be sanding the action lightly to get shut of the bits of old bluing still left on the gun, should i sand it till the bare metal is alway through? But what is the best stuff to re blue it? Is the paist better to use? Any help and tips will be very much appreciated

thanks in advance DD

If you are going to cold blue it get some birch wood casey blue and rust remover I won't get rid of the rust but will strip all the blue straight off and save you a lot of time. Then wet n dry the metalwork coarse to fine and then get yourself some of this stuff off the bay post-95196-140162193324_thumb.jpg

Once the metal is nice n smooth n shiny finish with Autosol to get a mirror finish then use some birch wood casey degreaser (white spirit should do if you have some) wipe the area to be treated then wipe dry then with some of these

post-95196-140162211046_thumb.jpg

Apply the quick browning (don't worry it's actually bluing) liquid by holding the pad to the top of the bottle tip bottle upside down and then apply in strokes to the area to be treated, leave the bluing liquid to do its stuff (you will see it taking effect immediately) for 3 minutes and then run the newly blued area under a tap to stop the liquid reacting against the steel. Wipe dry with kitchen roll, re apply the de greaser and then wipe dry and re do the bluing liquid again until you have all areas covered I find 3 coats to suffice. When happy spray with ballistol oil and sit back and marvel at your work! I find this stuff to be far better than the bluing gels and gives a far more even bluing. After each use of your gun spray and wipe down with ballistol oil.

Here's a project I'm doing right now with 3 applications on this barrel. The breech block is still in the white.