How Many Rounds?

Depends on the rifle really,

Most rifles will shoot well straight out of the box but it is advisable to follow a cleaning regime in the first few boxes of ammunition, i.e. clean it before first use, clean between each round for the first five rounds and then between each five shot group for the next 50 rounds.

That's what I was always taught to do, others will be different :yes:

You shouldn't notice any major accuracy differences after around that many shots if you notice any at all with these modern machined rifles, they shoot just fine on the first round.

I've got a cz 455, I say new, it was bought second hand but had less then a box through it, I've put around 150 through it but haven't cleaned it yet mainly due to the fact there are so many opinions on what "tools" to use, what oil etc to use. It's got me slightly confused, and still haven't made my mind up on what way to do it

Get yourself a decent cleaning kit with HMR brushes along with some cleaning patches,

Then a decent lead/copper/powder solvent like Hoppes 009 or something similar.

Brush the barrel out, soak the patches and push them through the barrel and leave it for half hour for the solvent to do it's work,

Repeat that until the patches come out clean, when there's still copper in the barrel they will be a green tinge.

I use a kleenbore for my hmr as I've had problems with some of the others not passing through the barrel on the pull through..may be a bit pricey but its worth it I find.

I've also find giving the 17 a full clean after every box of 50 put through is what works, some have done this after every 10 rounds and some may say more than 50 but I think its easier to keep things simple with this as I know where I stand when I do this.