English Leather Dog Collars & Leads

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SS doesn't need to fight his corner there are plenty bum lickers on here to do it for him

Strongstuff put pics up of himself wearing a collar with word slut wrote on it. It helped his sales, you could consider that........

I believe you but thats self appraisal lol where as I'm a neutral upstanding member of forum lollol

Posted Images

ohhh just the thing ime looking for.... can you stamp a light tan one with a kennel name? and have it and a lead to match to me by the 16th of this month?

We dont do stamping I'm afraid, it's not really our thing but we can certainly get a collar and lead made up and sent out by 16th. our usual turn around time is 3-4 days :-)

You can order online or if you prefer, give my partner Sean a ring (he's the craftsman, I'm just on the advertising side!) with your requirements. All collars are made to order so if you want soemthing a little different it would be best to discuss it with him...

01545 580970

www.pawsponies.com

Thanks again. Nice comments here :-)

We're off to a couple of game fairs this year with our stall.

Saturday 3rd May

Sennybridge Farmer's Hunt Hound, Terrier, Lurcher & Whippet Show

Saturday 31st May & Sunday 1st June

BASC Wales Game & Country Fair at Bodelwyddan Castle

Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th June

Welsh Game Fair at Pembrey Country Park

Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd June

North Wales Country Fair, Bala

Sunday 13th July

Conwy Valley Hunt Show, Llanwrst

Sunday 27th July

West Wales Terrier & Lurcher Club Annual Show

Strong stuff he makes top collars and has a lifetime guarantee with the exception of chewing

Also, our collars are leather. Webbing rots like a good un and frays :-) Look after leather and it will last you through a few dogs!

:snack::snack:

Strong stuff he makes top collars and has a lifetime guarantee with the exception of chewing

Also, our collars are leather. Webbing rots like a good un and frays :-) Look after leather and it will last you through a few dogs!

:snack::snack:

Haha, it wasn't meant as a stab, I was just fighting the 'leather' corner.

Some people like webbing, some people like leather, I respect that.

:doh: Where's the white flag smiley??!!

:-)

Webbing does not rot, at least not in your lifetime. You say one of your collars are 4 years old and tested,well let me tell you summat for nowt lol strongstuff May be a tad weird and possibly wired up wrong lol but his collars do not rot, I've had one ten years here and its not rotten, with no maintenance, I've got a few leather ins, cheap pet shop uns and expensive uns, lined and not, and unless only put on for Sunday best not one has come near strongstuffs collars for durability.....

This thread is about leather collars,and your leather collars at that, so no need for strongstuff to be mentioned. Just don't try rubbish gear you obviously don't know about lol

Atb with your collars

Edited by Hot Meat

Webbing does not rot, at least not in your lifetime. You say one of your collars are 4 years old and tested,well let me tell you summat for nowt lol strongstuff May be a tad weird and possibly wired up wrong lol but his collars do not rot, I've had one ten years here and its not rotten, with no maintenance, I've got a few leather ins, cheap pet shop uns and expensive uns, lined and not, and unless only put on for Sunday best not one has come near strongstuffs collars for durability.....

This thread is about leather collars,and your leather collars at that, so no need for strongstuff to be mentioned. Just don't try rubbish gear you obviously don't know about lol

Atb with your collars

Read my last post mate, this was such a nice thread....

I didn't mention strongstuff someone else did. I was stating my opinion and if you read my last post I said that I respected other people too.

Come down off the soapbox and put your gloves away

No soap box or gloves here, just telling you webbing don't rot like a good in, or fray. You said it not me

No soap box or gloves here, just telling you webbing don't rot like a good in, or fray. You said it not me

In my opinion webbing does.

Edited by Eve Kimberley James

Leather needs maintenance to last and stop it rotting

After time webbing frays and the colour fades but it needs no maintenance.

Its personal preference to which is preferred.

My 1st choice is leather but I use both.

It needs a rinse after a dunk in seawater (salt will rot everything! ) but aside from a wipe to get mud off, the dog's natural oils should keep the leather supple. The only time I clean ours is if they find fox s**t :-)